D

Deleted User X18H

and maybe Battipiedi I hear.

The new tinker man.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Doubt it unless for injuries, why change a winning team?

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good idea, I guess Lua Lua & Bennett have had a tough couple of weeks, and I assume we are getting scouted quite heavily so Gus wants to ensure we are not 'predictable'

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I can see it being:

Ankergren

Calderon
Greer
Elphick
Painter

Baz
Dicker
Battipiedi
LuaLua

Murray
Barnes

With Sandaza, Kish and Bennett getting on in the second half.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Think an appearance from the bench is more likely. Still, keeps the opposition guessing and the squad on their toes. Good management by Gus. :thumbsup:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I think it'd be a good move to change a couple of players. In fact, I was a bit surprised there was only one change for Saturday (and, as Sparrow was injured, you could even say that the one change was enforced).

Gus has been building a '2 players per position' squad. So everyone will need to feel that it is a squad game. To achieve this, he has to make changes even to a winning team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Doubt it unless for injuries, why change a winning team?

Guessing you haven't noticed but Gus has been successfully rotating the team for the last 3-4 games. He doesn't generally touch the back 5 but no other spots are sacred at the moment.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Baz for kaz i reckon!

This. Didn't Poyet say something the other day about not wanting to give LuaLua too many games in such a short space of time because of the hamstring trouble he had last year? Would make sense :thumbsup:

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
i too think baz for kaz ,,, for the same reasons mentioned above !!!
and then depends on how its going i would give battipiedie a go for bennett and kish for bridcut or bridcut for kish (depends who starts)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'd rather Kazenga was saved for Saturday as we should be able to beat Brentford without him tomorrow night.

I am a little worried about Batti starting as he hasn't really impressed me too much yet, but he hasn't played too much to be fair to him.

Again not too sure about Baz, but I didn't see him at Carlisle. Would be happier with him starting than Batti.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yep when I read it in the Argus, seemed it would be Baz for Kaz going along with Poyet's comments earlier in the week. Lua Lua to come on if needed

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I think Baz and Battipiedi would be too much of a change. Especially if we go a goal down i feel it would be harder with them two on the pitch instead of say Bridcutt and Kaz. If we're winning 1/2-0 then bring them on but i don't think they should start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here