Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battrick

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Can't challenege you unfortunately :)

Am in a rather professional league on www.planetcricket.net and have to use each friendly for a league match.

Keep playing, you've got quite a good team going on there. 'Specially that Stephen Nedd guy how'd you get hold of him?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Keep playing, you've got quite a good team going on there. 'Specially that Stephen Nedd guy how'd you get hold of him?

Cracking question. I could either lie and say i've developed a world-class training regime for him....or i could tell the truth and say that he was already there, when i joined! I have improved him though.

Bowling's half-decent, but our batting is abysmal and NOBODY seems to improve except my wicket-keeper and Stephen Nedd!!!

Any thoughts on the point of having a Financial Advisor?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Just got promoted from Divison 6 - 11 games 11 wins:thumbsup:

I have been pretty poor this season. Just ran the league leader close, but not close enough. And to make it even worse I forgot to TIE. Only newbies (who never log on) and bots below me in my league...

Team Pld Won Tie Lost Points Net RR
1. madglover CC X1 11 11 0 0 44 16.57
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. mighty foxes 11 8 0 3 32 18.12
3. TaxXI 11 8 0 3 32 12.98
4. Dublin Dogsbollocks 11 6 0 5 24 13.85
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. BHA Invitational XI 11 6 0 5 24 1.51
6. veeriku 11 4 0 7 16 -18.31
7. SameerKZN 11 1 0 10 4 -24.74
8. Garner's drift CC 11 0 0 11 0 -19.97

If anyone wants a friendly next week feel free to challenge me (either at home at 12000 capacity Falmer or away).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My first game today. I'm getting spanked. Like it though...

dont get dispondent, I lost my first six in a row really badly, its not an easy game to get going with.

Having said that I've just gone top of the table in my first full season, having rolled over the current leader by bowling him out for 67 :yahoo:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Must admit, it's been a great Friday diversion from doing work. What happens in the close season? And how quickly do the players improve?

I'm gonna try and work out how to buy someone next.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Must admit, it's been a great Friday diversion from doing work. What happens in the close season? And how quickly do the players improve?

I'm gonna try and work out how to buy someone next.

there is a 20/20 in the close season, have a look at the newbie sledging section (under community) and read the rules about three times, there are also some good links (again in the community section) - try jumpers for wickets website which gives good newbie guides.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
First Class cricket is also starting next season which should be fantastic!:thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
3 games left so about 5 weeks..

My mate is testing the FC game tonight- playing some aussie team...should be sweet to get some feedback!

my main concern is stamina, most of my players are between feeble & competent so may not cope with a three day game and a one day game each week and I dont have the cash to play for the inflated transfer market

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
my main concern is stamina, most of my players are between feeble & competent so may not cope with a three day game and a one day game each week and I dont have the cash to play for the inflated transfer market

Agree-

Sounds like stamina is gonna need to be at PROF/STRONG+ if players are going to get through a weeks play and contribute anything.

My last 3 transfers have all had this so i'm fortunate in that respect but i'm gonna start training stamina as a priority next season.

I only have 5 bowlers so no idea how i'm going to get round it atm. Might have to buy some turd and put them in.

Hmm, either way, for me the one-day games come first...havent put all this effort in to let it slip at the epense of the new fc matches.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I have Mystic Milos Mob and we play in the English Div VI.238. I am about to get promoted and the team play well against like ranked teams but thrash inferior teams and likewise are thrashed by the stronger teams. All in all though it is great fun and my team are responding and improving due to my august training regime.
We play in Susses at the Falmer Stadium of Snow (like the double pun eh?). I think you can log in and view the matches?
We play at home tomorrow (Fri 10th) at 10.30 am vs JC Team (who are from Kent and are bottom (naturally of course)). Easy does it Mushy!

Would recommend Battrick to anyone, good fun for a mere £15pa.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here