Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battrick

I got my arse kicked properly by GOSBTS.

Question for those of you that have been playing a while. How on earth do you keep any money? Since the 55k a week that we were getting when there was no first class games I've been losing cash each week. It's now so bad that I have only 1 financial adviser and don't put anything into the youth academy.

Question for those of you that have been playing a while. How on earth do you keep any money? Since the 55k a week that we were getting when there was no first class games I've been losing cash each week. It's now so bad that I have only 1 financial adviser and don't put anything into the youth academy.

By the gods man, expand your stadium! It is tiny! I started around the same time as you and my stadium is 28k. I'm currently (in the middle of a good run) getting about 26.5k for my OD games.

How many members do you have? As a general rule of thumb you will get around 15 times your number of members attending games (although you can get up to 17.5x if you are on a great run).

There are a few spreadsheet applications around to help you; the main one I use are one which tells me how many financial advisers to have (based on the amount I have in the bank) and how many Pr officers (based on the number of members).

If you want any more advice (which players to train, etc) then drop me a PM, I will be happy to help.

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
It takes a while to build up money. Either sell one of your better players for a good sum and just get a few cheap replacements. for a while you do have to operate on a shoe string squad. Sounds like a real life scenario there!
Try and get friendlies against higher level teams at their place, you'll get beaten but you get some money coming in.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
It takes a while to build up money. Either sell one of your better players for a good sum and just get a few cheap replacements. for a while you do have to operate on a shoe string squad. Sounds like a real life scenario there!
Try and get friendlies against higher level teams at their place, you'll get beaten but you get some money coming in.

& to add to that, do not put any money into ITS until you have a healthy bank balance.....:thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

:bigwave:

I have managed to increase my stadium so I am getting about £240k every two weeks at the moment whilst my members are happy, if I lose a few though that'll go down.

A decent cup run has helped this season as well as the 20/20 which after I was knocked out I played a game almost everyday. Friendlies against big clubs can bring in 15-20K a week

It's only recently I have started making money I was always hovering around zero until the start of this season

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
By the gods man, expand your stadium! It is tiny! I started around the same time as you and my stadium is 28k. I'm currently (in the middle of a good run) getting about 26.5k for my OD games.

Have you got your decimal point in the wrong place, mine is 14,800 capacity and I received £112K last Friday.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
SeagullTim, can you update the table? It is BHA Invitational XI vs GOSBTS in the other semi final. I assume I am at home?

Gazwag, are you okay to play it this week?

yep challenge away, might struggle to field my best side though, got a few PFL issues at the mo

Have you got your decimal point in the wrong place, mine is 14,800 capacity and I received £112K last Friday.

Sorry, I meant 26.5k people (i.e. not quite filling it). I get just under £200k from a home OD game.

yep challenge away, might struggle to field my best side though, got a few PFL issues at the mo

Will do when I can make an international challenge (I think Wednesday?). Should be at full strength... in the middle of a run of bot-bashing in both FC and OD, so resting players. Here's hoping I can get revenge for the beating a couple of seasons ago... or maybe another tie!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Will do when I can make an international challenge (I think Wednesday?). Should be at full strength... in the middle of a run of bot-bashing in both FC and OD, so resting players. Here's hoping I can get revenge for the beating a couple of seasons ago... or maybe another tie!

:thumbsup:

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Well done Sten_super for your win against me yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised that it took you 48 overs to get to my total.

Over the past month or so I've sold my 2 best players for a combined total of 4.2 million. With this money I've brought in 5 or 6 players who now play for my first team and so am a much stronger team because of that. I think you should always cash in on your best few players so you can get more players of a good standard.

Luckily for me, I had SeagullTim and snoobs seagull both giving me some advice at the start of the game so I was promoted in my first season. I get about 110k for every OD game I play and I currently have about 500k in the bank.

Well done Sten_super for your win against me yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised that it took you 48 overs to get to my total.

Over the past month or so I've sold my 2 best players for a combined total of 4.2 million. With this money I've brought in 5 or 6 players who now play for my first team and so am a much stronger team because of that. I think you should always cash in on your best few players so you can get more players of a good standard.

Luckily for me, I had SeagullTim and snoobs seagull both giving me some advice at the start of the game so I was promoted in my first season. I get about 110k for every OD game I play and I currently have about 500k in the bank.

Haha. I was pleasantly surprised that I actually managed to chase that total down! My batting has been inconsistent to say the least this season.

I've only sold one player for a large sum of money (and that was only £280k, after buying him for £50k). However, I've also not bought anyone for a large sum of money (until this season anyway). I just bought a few competent players to start with, and have trained them all up. As a result, I've got over £3m in the bank, and a couple of superb bowlers.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
The format for this cup is ok, but I think we should have another one with 2 groups of four, each team playing each other once. Then the top 2 teams in each group would go through to the semis and then onto the final. Would make it easier to see who the best 4 teams are.

Come on then Tim update :thumbsup:

Me and Sten_Super had a very strange game

Yeah, primarily down to me changing my pitch (as an experiment) for the game to hard & fast. I then tried to change it back to slow for my FC game, failed (its now dusty), and instead now of getting the safe draw that I was aiming for (Against a v strong team that have no declaration orders) am getting pummelled after dismissing them for 300-odd, when I was hoping they'd bat out all 3 days. D'oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here