Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Based on that performance....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brian F is right though. Nobody is packing, nobody is saying the wheels have come off after tonight. But yes, we absolutely STUNK the place out tonight I'm afraid - by far the worst I've seen us play this season, it was like going back 3 years. We'll bounce back though, that's why we are where we are. Just collectively one of those off-nights.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that if we as fans saw it Gus and Tanno would have also and will sort it out by Saturday. I do not, for one minute think it is a case of complacency setting in as they will not allow that to happen.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I'm not saying we are in trouble but I still think Murray needs help from the other strikers in terms of goals. This is not an opinion just because we failed to score tonight!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Brian F is right though. Nobody is packing, nobody is saying the wheels have come off after tonight. But yes, we absolutely STUNK the place out tonight I'm afraid - by far the worst I've seen us play this season, it was like going back 3 years. We'll bounce back though, that's why we are where we are. Just collectively one of those off-nights.

Thankfully at least one person has actually read all of my post, rather than just the first line.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
No, I COMPLETELY agree.

This result is the DEFINING moment of a 9 month season.

Up until now we have FLUKED our way to the top with consistently lucky performances. The league is NO benchmark for rating a teams quality. Everyone knows Leyton Orient away IS.

Russ only let us score 5 against them last time as a homecoming gesture. Top bloke.

Get rid of Gus, clearly he has no idea.

We might as well hand all our points back now. A lead with games in hand after having played all the top teams away is just TERRIBLE.

Get rid of the Amex too. Terrible

quality :thumbsup:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Be a bit silly if we reacted like this to each result. Hooray, we're world beaters, oh no we're mid table, oh shit we're going down. Repeat to fade

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Twat. In that case, based on our performances against Wendy, Hartlepools and Udders, we'll finish the season bottom will we?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just back from the game. We were poor, a 5 out of 10 performance, but the important thing is we got an away point from a team that will still nic points at home to the chasing pack and we were under par. I'll take that. And as posted somewhere, someone said they'd take 4 out of the next 6 points, so there's the first one.

Problems today? Poor ball retention, couldn't get Orient off our backs, in other words little space to work in, never took the loose/second ball, and some very poor passing. I'm sure this was a one off, wouldn't read too much into it. Cetainly doesn't have me worrying.

Were we well heard on the radio?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Very disapointing tonight. The result, isn't bad, but the performance was probably our worst of the season. We were often sloppy in possession and we looked half a yard off the pace at times. We missed Kishishev tonight, and replacing Murray seemed an odd decision. Hey ho, hopefully we'll play better on Saturday.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Very disapointing tonight. The result, isn't bad, but the performance was probably our worst of the season. We were often sloppy in possession and we looked half a yard off the pace at times. We missed Kishishev tonight, and replacing Murray seemed an odd decision. Hey ho, hopefully we'll play better on Saturday.

I said they'd take Murray off before they did it, reason being I think he took a knock.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I said they'd take Murray off before they did it, reason being I think he took a knock.

I think he had also been booked. Our passing was poor tonight and it seems odd that one person has blamed the pitch which to me looked much better than Watford's on Saturday where we passed all afternoon. Sparrow, Dicker and Bridcutt were all off song and we also gave away some silly free kicks just outside our penalty area. It was good to see Dean Cox play well but I wish he'd waited until the Arsenal match. Cheer up folks we used to play like that every week, we still got a point and we should be back on form on Saturday.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought the original post was fair enough, we were desperately poor. I'm not panicking or overreacting, we're still top, and we can play miles better than that, so there's plenty to be happy about still.

But I have absolutely no idea where that performance came from. Players who have been pinging it around all season couldn't knock it five yards to a team-mate. Scary. If you had been dragged along as a neutral by a Brighton fan mate, you would have seriously wondered what all the fuss was about.

No one played well, but I hold the midfield mainly reponsible. Bennett wasn't great, but Sparrow, Dicker and Bridcutt had shockers.

I'm just glad that Orient sub, the No27, wasn't on from the start. Forget about it, at least it's a point, onwards. The pack are closing, but we've got away with a few dodgy results without getting punished, not tonight.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
draw was a fair result, playing against ex players and manager and a team we hammered at home they were always going to make it differcult for us, onwards and upwards

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
But I have absolutely no idea where that performance came from. Players who have been pinging it around all season couldn't knock it five yards to a team-mate. Scary. If you had been dragged along as a neutral by a Brighton fan mate, you would have seriously wondered what all the fuss was about.

I was that Brighton fan who took two neutrals along tonight slightly embarrassed had one good spell in the middle to end of first half where we got the ball down and played some football and looked dangerous apart from that ropey... Passing was way off tonight but oh well bad day at work!

Still we kept a clean sheet and a point away from home to a team who have only lost once in 3 months isn't too bad a result. Even if that 1 team was Brighton and we scored 5... No panicking yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here