Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Game six tonight. GO CARDS !!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Just Bloody WOW!!!

That is why I love baseball. That is why I love being a Cardinals fan.

Buzzing !

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Long suffering Mets admirer here but what a game this morning.............

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
October 31, 2011 – Fresh off his third World Series title -- and second with the Cardinals -- skipper Tony La Russa announced his retirement on Monday after 33 seasons as a big league manager, including the past 16 seasons with St. Louis.

La Russa, 67, ranks third in baseball history in managerial victories with 2,728, behind only Connie Mack (3,731) and John McGraw (2,763).

The Cardinals skipper is also the only manager in Major League Baseball history to win multiple pennants in both leagues and the second to win a World Series title in each, as well.

Tony La Russa :bowdown:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Congratulations mate....you owe that squirrel one

Go cards

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
MLB have just signed a 5 year contract which also increases the number of playoff teams to 10 by 2013. With their recent decline in performance this is probably the only way the Yankees could qualify ! It also includes stricter rules for drug testing.

MLB signs new 5 year contract

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
:ohmy: Just when you think there might be one sportsman who loves the game and his team and is not just all about the money, you realise that you are in fact terribly naiive.

Albert Pujols is probably the greatest Cardinal of all time, and arguably the best player currently playing in the major leagues.
The news today is that he has "done a Murray" and walked out on St Louis for a ten year deal in California. (Granted that is where the L.A. and Croydon similarity ends)

Fair play to him, if he can earn $27m every year for the next ten years its a fantastic opportunity to make loads of money.

But the bloke is already set for life. He's just won his second World Series ring playing for the most successful club so far this century, in a proper baseball town with proper baseball fans that idolise him.

But in the end the money talks. Bye Albert. Thanks for the memories. :(

The Official Site of Major League Baseball | MLB.com: Homepage

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Barry Izbak, thought you might be a little upset when you found out!...looks like the Angels have a little more ambition than I was giving them credit for.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
it will be strange to see El Hombre in a different uniform and i'm very sad to see him leave but the Angels massively overpaid for him. 250 mil over 10 years for a 31 year old guy who has started to suffer injury issues and whose numbers, fantastic though they remain, have been in a 3 year decline? don't get me wrong, he's still one of the best hitters in the game and they will love having him for the next 2 or 3 years but they might regret it later. 25 mil a year for a DH in his mid to late 30s won't seem like a particularly good deal. they gave him the no-trade clause he wanted also...short term gain, long term pain for the Angels - the opposite for the Cards.

Go Cards - 12 in 12!

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Looks like the (Miami) Marlins will compete again this year. The new stadium looks great, really looking forward to going and hopefully giving the Phillies a run for their money this year in the NL East

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here