Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Question on Bart.

If you had the chance to swap him for any other keeper in the world, would you? Who would it be?

I mean, someone like Allison is probably above him, but at an age where he's unlikely to improve. Same with Coutois

Because I'm thinking, my answer would be no. I'd take Bart and the future he has over any other keeper in the world. Donnarumma is the only one who would tempt me
Yan Sommer. Although he's ancient in footballing terms

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yan Sommer. Although he's ancient in footballing terms
This is what i'm getting at

So if you had the chance to yes or no a deal where Brighton and Inter set up a swap with Verbruggen for Sommer. You have the casting vote. Would you say yes?

Sommer is 35 and has been a fine keeper, but if you say yes to that I reckon you'll be the one and only Brighton fan who would.

There are plenty of other decent keepers out there. But in terms of one who seems a decent bloke, is an excellent stopper, has a range of passing and is right at the start of his career ... 21 year old!!! .... surely there's no other keeper any Brighton fan in their right mind would swap Bart for.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Question on Bart.

If you had the chance to swap him for any other keeper in the world, would you? Who would it be?

I mean, someone like Allison is probably above him, but at an age where he's unlikely to improve. Same with Coutois

Because I'm thinking, my answer would be no. I'd take Bart and the future he has over any other keeper in the world. Donnarumma is the only one who would tempt me
He's looking very very good. So good that I suspect this will be the last season that we get to see him in the flesh. Fortunately, succession planning is strong in that area -- everyone seems to think that Rushworth is next in line, but Beadle probably has just as strong a case; anyway, we will see on that one.
As to your question, Allison and Oblak definitely, although neither are going to happen. Can't think of too many beyond that.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He'd only leave to be first choice for a top team, and PL-wise, Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Tottenham all bought in a new first choice goalie last summer. Surely more likely next year?
It’ll likely be Bayern next summer.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He's looking very very good. So good that I suspect this will be the last season that we get to see him in the flesh. Fortunately, succession planning is strong in that area -- everyone seems to think that Rushworth is next in line, but Beadle probably has just as strong a case; anyway, we will see on that one.
As to your question, Allison and Oblak definitely, although neither are going to happen. Can't think of too many beyond that.
Both great keepers, Allison especially would be good for our style, but both a decade older than Verbruggen. I'm less thinking about sale price than the scope for just how much he could improve. Imagine what he could be like when he peaks!

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Question on Bart.

Martinez, a complete shithead but if he was our shithead I think we’d take to him :smile:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Again, 31. Won't improve and will likely decline soon enough. A comparative donkey with his feet. Constant tiresome antics

I'm having Bart every day of the week
True, I wouldn’t swap him but no denying that he is a top keeper, well he is against us anyway :mad:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Question on Bart.

Sanchez?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
How the f*** did that happen, don’t believe it, the source posts ANYTHING he sees in the media about the Albion and most of it is bollocks.

I’ll wait for something more official before believing it

Last thing I saw from him was that Gross was GONE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here