Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Lloyd

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Barry Lloyd's been in the army (sung aimlessly walking around San Antonio 6am one August morning, Ibiza '89)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Large One said:
I'm still waiting for Dougal to back his claim up, citing where Barry Lloyd comes into the sale of the Goldstone.
I'm still waiting for my CD of Nottinghamshire photos... :lolol: :jester:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Trigger said:
Lloyd, are you listening to him? He's all over the show.

This was discussed on numerous threads last season - he's not pissed but it appears that he has some medical condition that makes him sound that way. Leeds away last year there were numerous comments on here about Barry being pissed. A mate of mine was with him all day and drove him home after the game and he confirmed that Barry hadn't touched a drop all day.

I know Harty is close to Barry these days - I'm sure he knows the problem and I wish he'd tell people to clear this up once and for all. However, it may be that Barry doesn't want everyone to know his business and if so, we have to respect that.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Barry Lloyd is one of Albions legends with no cash made a silk purse out of a sows ear getting us to within 90 mins of the top flight - no one else since has got us anywhere near - how dare people slag him off- you f***ing wankers.

Maybe his relationships with the fans wasn't good but what he did on very little apart from the Farrington debacle should never ever be forgotten.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Barry Lloyd is a legend, why are some knocking him? How exactly would he have made money out of the sale of the Goldstone

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I vaguely recall Harty telling (a possible urban legend) where Lloyd actually offered Archer to "step outside" about something that would have been to the detriment of BHAFC.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I actually spoke to Barry Lloyd before the game, he arrived with Hawsey (in what I assume was Hawsey's rather beaten up looking Fiesta). He certainly wasn't drunk, and was a very pleasant chap - told me that he hadn't been to (the current) Huish Park before, but that Yeovil had been his first managerial appointment in 1978. I thanked him for some good memories from his time as our boss (and lets face it there were a few).

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Goring Gull said:
Barry Lloyd is one of Albions legends with no cash made a silk purse out of a sows ear getting us to within 90 mins of the top flight - no one else since has got us anywhere near - how dare people slag him off- you f***ing wankers.

Maybe his relationships with the fans wasn't good but what he did on very little apart from the Farrington debacle should never ever be forgotten.

also took us down twice and completely run the playing side down with numerous nobodys and non leaguers except season everyone goes on about. He was with us what 10 years ? the team he took over and the team he left were light years apart

Saunders for Tiltman
Connor for Cooper

It's Lloyd is the wanker

Barry barry barry out out out

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Dougal said:
also took us down twice and completely run the playing side down with numerous nobodys and non leaguers except season everyone goes on about. He was with us what 10 years ? the team he took over and the team he left were light years apart

Saunders for Tiltman
Connor for Cooper

It's Lloyd is the wanker

Barry barry barry out out out
Dougal you sad little ****.

You know f*** all. You sound like a little schoolboy looking for attention. Barclays Bank sold Saunders. The club had less money than as it does now, so crap like Tiltman was all we could afford.

Stop your boring bullshit and tell all ht e lovely people what you know.................. or f*** off! Wanker.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Barry Lloyd was a good manager with an eye for bargins.How ever he was terrible at pr,and a certain Mr Ian Hart who run gullseye made barry lloyd life hell.When Lloyd was sacked in December 1993 most Albion fans were very happy.It makes me laugh to see how this has all turned around now

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I was so glad to see the back of Lloyd. His teams were either good or very bad, rarely about to grind out a result. His relationship with the fans was non existant. Never worked out if he did not know we were allowed to use subs or whether they were unable to play due to passive smoking, caused by Lloyd.

Yes he did bring some good players to the club and lost these players due to the financial issues at the club, but he also brought in a lot of shite, Tiltman, Farrington, Briley, a knackered Gary O'Reily, Jasper, McKenna and the list can go on.

Also after the play off season it was obvious that we would lose Small, yet he still sold Nelson, when Nelson would have got us goals in that league.

By the time he went we were second bottom of the league we are now in and awful.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
vulture said:
Barry Lloyd was a good manager with an eye for bargins.How ever he was terrible at pr,and a certain Mr Ian Hart who run gullseye made barry lloyd life hell.When Lloyd was sacked in December 1993 most Albion fans were very happy.It makes me laugh to see how this has all turned around now

Amazing how people have developed rose tinted specs after all these years.

Barry Lloyd was my most hated manager during 40 years of following the Albion.

He was so anonymous in the game, that he was given the nickmane 'Barry Who'

I have it on good authority, that he found it difficult to look the players in the eye when giving team talks.

If he became involved again I would seriously contemplate supporting Leeds.:salute: :salute: :salute:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Mr Burns said:
Dougal you sad little ****.

You know f*** all. You sound like a little schoolboy looking for attention. Barclays Bank sold Saunders. The club had less money than as it does now, so crap like Tiltman was all we could afford.

Stop your boring bullshit and tell all ht e lovely people what you know.................. or f*** off! Wanker.

well put mate , very articulate ,
I know nothing about barclays selling saunders ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dougal said:
he did , trust me . I cant prove it on here. Crook

Go on then ???

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports