Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Lloyd

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Barry Lloyd

Perry Milkins said:
Nah he was a consulatant that made Palliss wear 'Tulip' and Virgin'on their jerseys though.
But we flowered and are virgins no more and shag all that come to Selhurst!!!!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Mr Burns said:
Dougal you sad little ****.

You know f*** all. You sound like a little schoolboy looking for attention. Barclays Bank sold Saunders. The club had less money than as it does now, so crap like Tiltman was all we could afford.

Stop your boring bullshit and tell all ht e lovely people what you know.................. or f*** off! Wanker.

Touch harsh!

The bloke is intitled to his opinion. I've no idea about whether Lloyd made any money out of the sale of the Goldstone but I certainly do recall his last season at the club, he was absolutely hated!!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
From what I remember (I was quite young at the time) Lloyd was very unpopular. Listening to him on the radio I think he blagged his time at the Albion.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i can remember everyone actually CHEERING bellotti on the pitch at bournmuff after he had got rid of barry lloyd.

how little did we realise :angry:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don't often get involved, usually observe these discussions, but on this occasion.....

Lloyd was a good manager, who was harshly treated by the fans. He had little or no money and consequently was forced to look at local talent such as Tilts, of course he sold Saunders but the financial position dictated that one. He also brought in Crumps, who despite initial abuse turned in to a steady player. The only disaster was Farrington. Brought in Mark Beeney (possibly best Albion keeper ever), he was unlucky with Gall who developed a career ending injury... He gave us the play-off final, some great moments in the run-up the Ipswich game, Millwall both legs etc..., promotion with Bremner and Nelson up front. We've seen from McGhee that its not always easy to get on with players and this must've been the case with Nelson (which was a shame). I seem to remeber other Albion legends falling out with players, Mullery with Paul Clark for example.

The abuse that ex/current managers get on NSC troubles me, as they do not go out to lose games...... If we had a huge budget and bought rubbish then perhaps some complaints would be justified.....

malcolm prescott

Jul 8, 2006
Preston village
One Teddy Maybank said:
Don't often get involved, usually observe these discussions, but on this occasion.....

Lloyd was a good manager, who was harshly treated by the fans. He had little or no money and consequently was forced to look at local talent such as Tilts, of course he sold Saunders but the financial position dictated that one. He also brought in Crumps, who despite initial abuse turned in to a steady player. The only disaster was Farrington. Brought in Mark Beeney (possibly best Albion keeper ever), he was unlucky with Gall who developed a career ending injury... He gave us the play-off final, some great moments in the run-up the Ipswich game, Millwall both legs etc..., promotion with Bremner and Nelson up front. We've seen from McGhee that its not always easy to get on with players and this must've been the case with Nelson (which was a shame). I seem to remeber other Albion legends falling out with players, Mullery with Paul Clark for example.

The abuse that ex/current managers get on NSC troubles me, as they do not go out to lose games...... If we had a huge budget and bought rubbish then perhaps some complaints would be justified.....

spot on

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
One Teddy Maybank said:

any chance you could post more often.......................

Lloyd did give me my only experience of seeing the Albion at the old Wembley and any complaints of selling Saunders for only 60k are outweighed by the fact he bought him for nothing. It was only just after Saunders left that the transfer market went bananas which then turned him into a £2m player.

I'm still intrigued to find out how he made money from the sale of the Goldstone!!!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
My happiest BHA memories are of Lloyd's side that made the play-offs. Great atmosphere in the North Stand that year, some good performances and some bad ones too, and I didn't ever want to miss a game. I know he could be an awkward sod but I even used to phone the Seagull Line as soon as I got in to hear what Lloyd had to say. The fanzines provided some balance. I'd happily settle for another manager and another season like that one.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Timbo said:
Lloyd did give me my only experience of seeing the Albion at the old Wembley and any complaints of selling Saunders for only 60k are outweighed by the fact he bought him for nothing.

Was'nt it Chris Catlin who signed him for the price of a train ticket? I still think Lloyd did a fair job in the circumstances though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
desprateseagull said:
did BL have any connection to the development firm that bought the Goldstone, then sold on for the current warehouse shops, apparantly for a rather nice markup?

No but he had a connection with an agency that brought in foreign players like Gotsmanov and Iovan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here