Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Lloyd....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
looking for another tiltman! and avoiding any dean saunders type players,type of role.

or Geoff Cooper to raid down the wing or perhaps a Russell Bromage type of flair player. Non league Lloyd.

Granted that 1990 - 91 season is my best season ever so not all bad

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Didn't we sign Bissett and Farrington after 1991 so money was there which is more than a lot of managers that have done better.

For every gem he found he also found several absolute Duds

Agree he did sign some shit but to say he f***ed this club is far from the truth. He managed through a very difficult period for the club financially. The fact is we had some success during that period and the profit made on players during that time that kept the club alive

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Agree he did sign some shit but to say he f***ed this club is far from the truth. He managed through a very difficult period for the club financially. The fact is we had some success during that period and the profit made on players during that time that kept the club alive

yeah a bit extreme.

Anyway, its all been done before and we've moved on thankfully

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Sorry to drag this up again, but did we conclude whether BL is still at the Albion or not?

He's not listed on the Who's Who? section on the club website.

This is only important in case I need to change my moniker again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Infairness to him everybody goes on about the likes of Tiltman but they forget he also signed John Byrne and Mike Small and took us to Wembley for the playoffs so it wasnt all bad. What might have been if not for Warnock and Notts County!!!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Best manager we have had in the last 20 years nearly took us into the top flight. Who else has come anyway near that since?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He got us to within a whisker of the top flight (I've never seen a team sweating so much on a three goal lead as Notts County in the second half - we could have done a Liverpool but the luck wasn't with us) - the fact that we didn't have Small and Byrne and Colin Pates (one of the best CB's we've had in many a year) wasn't his fault. He did a good job for us, in very difficult circumstances.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sorry incorrect. He inherited Alan Mullery''s team from his second unsuccessful stint, which was already near the bottom of the table. Mullery inherited Chris Cattlin's team which had also began to struggle as the troubles set in.

Arguably I feel Chris Cattlin was probably the hardest done manager, as he didn't do a lot wrong.....

Actually, to reprise a previous thread, when Mullery got sacked in Jan 1987, the Albion were eight points clear of the relegation zone. Mullery's second spell record was nowhere near as bad as people often want to make out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here