Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Lloyd

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I thought it was just a matter of time before barry would be back.

he is a Blooms man and to be brutally honest, if it wasnt for the Blooms we would not have a club at the moment.

Whilst I was never a Barry LLoyd fan and my late father said half way through one season that he would never go again as long as LLoyd was at the club, I am not that convinved he would do as bad a job as Adams is doing at the moment.

If it was me, I would have him as manager, Chapman as Defensive Coach, Forster as attacking coach, assistant manager and Dean Wilkins back as general coach. There is no way this would happen, but I really feel that a restructure is required.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
If we (and I hope the Board) have learned anything from this season, it's the truth in the old adage "Never go back". Having said that, I do look back on the '90/'91 season with some affection. Even though he was much maligned in his day, how we could do with a midfielder of Dean Wilkins' quality and vision now.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
No chance. Forster will be picking the team saturday.

To be fair, it looked as if he gave the pre-match and half-time team talk on the pitch last night (when the players were huddled). I do wonder whether he may end up with the title of player/assistant manager.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
To be fair, it looked as if he gave the pre-match and half-time team talk on the pitch last night (when the players were huddled). I do wonder whether he may end up with the title of player/assistant manager.

We were debating this - and many other things - until the wee small hours this morning.

While I believe Forster could and should be very influential, I can't help feeling that his game would suffer if he was given the extra responsibility of being on the coaching staff while still a player.

Many times last night he seemed to be carrying the team - his workrate was superb. Throw in that extra task, and I fear something would have to give.

He is an excellent captain and a fine leader by example. This is one aspect of the squad I would leave alone.

Mike Small,John Byrne,Gary Nelson,Kevin Bremner,Eric Young,Keith Dublin,Colin Pates,Mark Gall,Nicky Bissett,Flasher Walker,Gary Chivers,Football Genius John Crumplin,Wendy Wilkins,Steve Cotterill,Paul Maulden,Sergie Gotsmanov,Mark Beeney,Mark Barham ..... Lloyd signings I think (sorry if any names spelt incorrectly) yes i know some bad ones as well Horsecroft,Tiltman,Mad Dog Andy K etc etc. Lloyd's strongest team would have destroyed Adams' !!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here