Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Lloyd

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Brilliant strategy by the club. The only possible way to get the fans to accept Adams as manager was to start this rumour. and they pulled it off.
:clap:

I said this yesterday as a JOKE. I hope this is a wind up but am terrified that it's actually f***ed up enough to come true.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Micky should be Director of Football..his record in signing players we thought wouldn't come to this club is superb. Maybe he should be pushed upstairs and a young hungry manager/coach should come in...possibly at the end of the season though. In the meantime we need a firefighter someone experienced enough for a short term appointment to keep us up. And I don't mean Big Ron or Dave Bassett....not sure who I mean though!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
So why noy Barry lloyd ?....just asking really because i thought he was a pretty good manager doing a thankless task under the dictatorship of Stanley and Archer.

He bought in some good players for next to nothing....and was forced to sell them for massive profits and some of the non league players he bought in went on to much better things.

The only downside was the crap football BHA played under Lloyd.....although he got you to within a whisker of the top flight, promotion to the (now) championship and alas, relegation again.

Lots of people saying no thanks, no one saying why ?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Because Adams coming back would be more popular at the time as was Mullery, then Lloyd take over from him less pressure on the Blooms if it goes tits up..

We all know what happened before but giving Micky Adams a 3 year contract and a lot of money to spend on players seems a strange and expensive way of trying to get Barry Lloyd in as manager.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Micky should be Director of Football..his record in signing players we thought wouldn't come to this club is superb. Maybe he should be pushed upstairs and a young hungry manager/coach should come in...possibly at the end of the season though. In the meantime we need a firefighter someone experienced enough for a short term appointment to keep us up. And I don't mean Big Ron or Dave Bassett....not sure who I mean though!

I agree that Adams should be moved upstairs but that would mean kicking Hinsh out which is unlikely.

then why would his DAD ring him and tell him this news? surly he would know BEFORE his old man??

and which brighton player is it you work with??

I don't work with anyone who plays for the Albion. Read what i have posted again.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
"I know this sounds oh so NSC. But a guy i work with has just had a 2 calls from his DAD to say Adams is out and Barry is in."

"The person who this came from has a SON who plays for the Albion, "

so you must work with a brother of a player then?!!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If anyone seriously wants Lloyd back even as a caretaker, they cant have been watching when he was here last time. 2 good seasons out of 8, even 'GullsEye' put out a celebratory T-shirt when he left, THE only decent thing done under the Bellendi/Archole regime.
I would rather Knight go the whole hog and manage the team himself(we all know he wants to) than have Lloyd anywhere near the team again.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
If B lloyd takes over it has to be the end of Knight.

Its bad enough being back where we were ten years ago, to be back where we were 20 years ago would be crimminal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here