Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barry Lloyd - RIP

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Bissett and Codner were both £115,000 each - a record for non league at the time.
Bissett’s injury did for him making a big move, and Codner whilst very talented, was also infuriatingly inconsistent
Codner's disciplinary problems drove Barry Fry - and Barry Lloyd mad. I remember him jailed at Lewes prison for motoring offences which spawned one of the best chants I've ever heard when Barnet came down on Boxing Day, 1993, bottom of the league: "We all agree, that Codner's got more points than Barnet!" :lol:

Shame that injuries ruined Bissett's career. Reliable at every level according to Wikipedia.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Small and Byrne are the obvious strikers mentioned, but there were other goodies found by Barry.

Unearthing Kurt Nogan warrants a mention. Ignoring his last barren patch and the No-Goals Nogan abuse, he still scored 60 in 120 which
is brilliant at any level.

Andy Kennedy was another but he was just funny. Was watching a compilation of goals from 92/93 the other day and his dancing celebrations were something else. He’s no Bas Savage!

Moulden and Cotterill worked well. Nelson and Bremner.
Mark Gall, Bryan Wade, Paul Wood….

Farrington, Meade, Tillman never really worked out but the above made up for it.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Small and Byrne are the obvious strikers mentioned, but there were other goodies found by Barry.

Unearthing Kurt Nogan warrants a mention. Ignoring his last barren patch and the No-Goals Nogan abuse, he still scored 60 in 120 which

Andy Kennedy was another but he was just funny. Was watching a compilation of goals from 92/93 the other day and his dancing celebrations were something else. He’s no Bas Savage!

Farrington, Meade, Tillman never really worked out but the above made up for it.
Meade never worked out ? Really ? Thought he was a decent foil for Mark Gall

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Never really worked out for Farrington is an understatement. Quite possibly the worst player to ever pulled on the stripes.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Codner's disciplinary problems drove Barry Fry - and Barry Lloyd mad. I remember him jailed at Lewes prison for motoring offences which spawned one of the best chants I've ever heard when Barnet came down on Boxing Day, 1993, bottom of the league: "We all agree, that Codner's got more points than Barnet!" :lol:

Shame that injuries ruined Bissett's career. Reliable at every level according to Wikipedia.
Didn't Codner also wriggle out of a possession charge for the best Bolivian?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
My first season as an Albion fan was the play off final season so will always have fond memories of Lloyd and being my first manager, I’ve always held him in really high regard as to an 8/9 year old old, he seemed like the most important man in the world at the time.

RIP Barry. Sad times.
We must be about the same age ? born in 81... the PO journey seemed magical to me... unreal...

Yep, this has bought back some stuff... a wee while after (the PO final season) I started calling the premium rate 'club call' line for news... being exiled as I was and stuck with ceefax as my only real supply of info... horrific... anyway, obviously I didn't tell my parents and they sat me down one day and said Steve... "We have to ask, as the phone bill is MASSIVE, have you been calling (you know) adult premium lines...?" I had to dig out one of my programmes to convince them it wasn't some kind of dodgy teenage wankfest but an obsession with my club... I blame Barry for this entirely, him and Kurt Nogan :ROFLMAO:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Gotsmanov, Iovan, Small, Byrne, Codner, Bissett, Barham, Flash…

Certainly had an eye for a player. Like many have already posted great memories at the Goldstone in my formative years. RIP Barry, you will be missed.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We must be about the same age ? born in 81... the PO journey seemed magical to me... unreal...

Yep, this has bought back some stuff... a wee while after (the PO final season) I started calling the premium rate 'club call' line for news... being exiled as I was and stuck with ceefax as my only real supply of info... horrific... anyway, obviously I didn't tell my parents and they sat me down one day and said Steve... "We have to ask, as the phone bill is MASSIVE, have you been calling (you know) adult premium lines...?" I had to dig out one of my programmes to convince them it wasn't some kind of dodgy teenage wankfest but an obsession with my club... I blame Barry for this entirely, him and Kurt Nogan :ROFLMAO:
Yes born 82.

I remember the following season when we got relegated, going to watch us lose 4.1 away to Bristol Rovers towards the end of the season and our fans really laying into Barry. It really upset me at the time as in my youthful innocence, I couldn’t understand how any Brighton fan could be so horrible to our manager and one who had done so well the season before. That memory has always stuck with me.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here