Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barry Lloyd - RIP

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Was really disappointed when he was named boss as wanted a big name. Barry Barry give us a wave, he rarely did as had his hands under a blanket in the dugout. I wanted a manager bellowing from the touch line and used to think he didn’t give a toss but he did care and loved all the players under him including the donkeys. Was a part time boo boy as was most of the North Stand but he won me round and overall he did a good job in the end. He knew a good player and was very restricted in who he could buy. Very sad to hear he had passed away as he was boss in my teenage years and they are the best of times even under a rocky road.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Sad news. I was a lucky 15 yo to have the 87/88 season as my first. I could probably still name most of that team off the top of my head now. He and his staff certainly had the knack of getting in the right blend of players because he created a couple of excellent teams for us. Thus he will never be forgotten by me and he goes down as an Albion legend in my eyes. Rip Barry Lloyd.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And don't forget that amazing end to the 1987/88 season with seven wins and a draw in the last eight games getting us from 6th to automatic promotion.
I was at the promotion game. A rare outing for me then. Strange times. Followed by 'now what?' Quite a lot. as it happens.

RIP

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
My ‘nemesis’ who ended up my friend ❤️

As soon as I know the funeral arrangements, donations etc I will post on here.

As supporters we never truly learn everything that goes on but I can assure you without people like Barry Lloyd we simply wouldn’t have the club we support today. ⚽
And the poor man’s reward was to work with Bellotti. Nice bloke and did us proud - almost made the proverbial silk purse.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He certainly didn't do a bad job at Worthing FC pre Brighton either. His team played some amazing attacking football, I saw many a good match down at Woodside Road... RIP Barry.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And the poor man’s reward was to work with Bellotti. Nice bloke and did us proud - almost made the proverbial silk purse.
He sussed out archer and bellotti quicker than most did. Sacking Lloyd and getting in Brady helped hide a multitude of sins and keep the vocal fans from their door just long enough

Jul 2, 2024
Quite suprised nothing was mentioned about it before KO in the ground. You would of thought with the connection between both clubs there may have been a minute silence or applause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here