Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barry Lloyd - RIP

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
With the challenges Barry had he will go down in history as one of BHAFC's greatest managers. RIP

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I enjoyed the Barry Lloyd era at the Albion. Some great attacking football to watch and my favourite forward partnership of Nelson and Bremner. The flak that came his way was because he came from non league and replaced the popular Alan Mullery. That 1987-88 promotion season was one of the most enjoyable as a Brighton fan. I once recommended a Maidenhead player to him when he was a scout and received a very polite reply.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I enjoyed the Barry Lloyd era at the Albion. Some great attacking football to watch and my favourite forward partnership of Nelson and Bremner. The flak that came his way was because he came from non league and replaced the popular Alan Mullery. That 1987-88 promotion season was one of the most enjoyable as a Brighton fan. I once recommended a Maidenhead player to him when he was a scout and received a very polite reply.
"Are we Worthing in disguise?" was one of the North Stand chants during one tricky spell in the Lloyd era. And I thought the mass waving towards the dug-out along with a chant of "bye-bye, Barry" when things were particularly difficult was a bit sad, even then.

Really glad to see the respect and fondness people are showing towards him on this thread. He always struck me as a thoroughly decent guy, who did surprisingly well with very limited resources. RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here