Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Fry - What an Idiot!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On the day that his club go into the second leg of a play-off semi final needing to win to go through to the final, he decides it is the right time to announce that their three star players Mackail-Smith, Lewis and Boyd, are about to be sold no matter what the outcome!

http://img.skysports.com/11/03/660x350/Craig_2577424.jpg

solid gold plonker!

Personally I would be very happy if we signed McCann - creates goals, scores goals, takes penalties!

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'd be extremely happy with Boyd or CMS. Lewis I think is a bit overrated because he is young, he makes loads of mistakes and has always looked a bit dodgy whenever I've seen him. I think Brez and Ankergren are better.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
CMS would be a great signing. Boyd would do too. Lewis is a promising young goalkeeper who has made the odd mistake this year. But frankly behind their "defence" anyone is going to struggle a little.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Probably resigned to losing them, even if they get promoted, so they can strengthen across the team. Why not put them in the shop window, so they'll play well and attract good offers? Good news for them and the club.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
I'd be extremely happy with Boyd or CMS. Lewis I think is a bit overrated because he is young, he makes loads of mistakes and has always looked a bit dodgy whenever I've seen him. I think Brez and Ankergren are better.

You obviously weren't at the away game last October? He was superb then.

Beyond that I couldn't really comment on his ability.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I have a grudging respect for Fry! CMS is going to move on but the fans accept that as he has not hidden the fact he is leaving and has carried on playing superbly, if Murray had come out and said the same, i think the fans would have had more respect for him. of the 3 players mentioned only Boyd would be a possibility as CMS is premiership bound and we have enough goalkeepers

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

Admittedly I wasn't, but from matches/highlights I've seen of them, he doesn't look as good as he is hyped up to be. From what I've read, a fair amount of Posh fans don't rate him that much either. I think he's a decent keeper, but not worth the 7 figures that he is rumoured to be worth, and I'd take Casper over him in our team.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

I was, he had a good game that day. But since then he's let in several soft goals and has never really been the same player

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What is that link?

sorry - corrected.

I'm not suggesting we go for any of them. If CMS doesn't get a try from a premier league club I will be surprised but if not then a championship club who will pay more than us will snap him up. Boyd I rate but again suspect he is financially beyond us. Lewis has a fractured knee-cap so will miss a chunk of pre-season at least and I really don't rate him - very good shot stopper but makes lots of equally silly mistakes. McCann on the other hand ticks a lot of boxes for me, especially if we lose Benno to Norwich. He would also be more affordable, presumably, than the stand out "stars" in that team.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
sorry - corrected.

I'm not suggesting we go for any of them. If CMS doesn't get a try from a premier league club I will be surprised but if not then a championship club who will pay more than us will snap him up. Boyd I rate but again suspect he is financially beyond us. Lewis has a fractured knee-cap so will miss a chunk of pre-season at least and I really don't rate him - very good shot stopper but makes lots of equally silly mistakes. McCann on the other hand ticks a lot of boxes for me, especially if we lose Benno to Norwich. He would also be more affordable, presumably, than the stand out "stars" in that team.
I think Mackail Smith was rumoured to be off to Celtic.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Posh set to lose key trio | Peterborough United News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Sky Sports

Peterborough United's director of football Barry Fry has admitted that three of their star performers may leave this summer, irrespective of which division the club are in next season.

Posh go into the second leg of their play-off semi-final against MK Dons on Thursday evening trailing 3-2 after a thrilling encounter at stadium:mk on Sunday.

However, whatever the outcome at London Road, Fry revealed influential players such as Craig Mackail-Smith, George Boyd and Joe Lewis will be allowed to join 'bigger' clubs after steering Peterborough into the play-offs this term.

"At the start of the season everyone at the club set out to win promotion back to the Championship, with the chairman digging deep to strengthen," Fry told skysports.com.

Promised

"It has been an exciting season, with 106 goals scored over the course of this season and Craig Mackail-Smith is the country's leading scorer, with 32, but he has made a great effort to create chances for others as well and fully deserved his first international cap for Scotland against Brazil.

"He will be sold in the summer, along with George Boyd and Joe Lewis though, because the chairman promised them that if they stayed and helped to try and get us back into the Championship this season that he wouldn't stand in their way.

"So, whether we go up or not, I believe it has been a successful season, but I'm sure that both the chairman and manager won't feel the same way if we don't go up to the Championship this year.

"We've turned down big offers from big clubs in the past for all three players, with our average crowd here 6,300 this season, so we aren't a big club by any stretch of the imagination.

"We are a little club and Craig Mackail-Smith has scored over 100 goals in four years for us, so he deserves a chance to prove himself at a higher level.

"The same applies to George and Joe because, even if we do get into the Championship, we will be a small fish in a big pond, with the smallest budget in the division."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here