Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Fry - What an Idiot!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there was an odd point made in a peice about Wolves today, where they too had already told players if they would be staying or going. Apparently this was due to Leauge rules, which say players must be told before the end of the 3rd week of May (or somesuch). anyone confirm or explain this obscure and damaing rule?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
"We are a little club"

Just what Peterborough fans need to hear going into their match tonight. They must hate that cockney mug.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
no chance with CMS as others have stated. Boyd is exactly the kind of creative midfielder we should be after this summer. This season we have had goals from all over the pitch and Boyd would add to our list of potential match winners.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd be happy if we signed any or all 3 of them, I think they would all improve our team

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I now hope Posh win the play-offs. Without those three next season they are the easiest six points of the season.
Posh fans can't be happy having big mouth Fry and Ferguson junior speaking for their club.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Posh fans already knew this anyway, their chairman said the same thing two or three weeks ago. Mackail-Smith was promised a move back in January, in exchange for agreeing to stay until the end of the season (when Norwich came knocking).

He also said then that Boyd and Lewis would be allowed to leave if they wanted. Lewis is very overrated: he's always made far too many errors to be a top keeper. Boyd is very skilful but there must be some reason he's spent his career bouncing around the non league or lower leagues- lack of pace? Attitude maybe?

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Fry's always been very complimentary about us - and the support we've brought to London Road. Did good things at Southend and Birmingham for a spell, and the Peterborough fans all seem to love him. Seems passionate about football and has a good sense of humour.

Also had the humility to bury the hatchet with Ferguson and bring him back, successfully.

Can't think of too much to dislike about the guy, really.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
there was an odd point made in a peice about Wolves today, where they too had already told players if they would be staying or going. Apparently this was due to Leauge rules, which say players must be told before the end of the 3rd week of May (or somesuch). anyone confirm or explain this obscure and damaing rule?

Similar thing in the Torygraph this morning about Blackpool. Holloway has just had tell 7 players they will not be geting a new contract, 2 of whom are alomst certain starters for their make or break game on Sunday. Apparently Holloway asked the FL for leeway on telling them after the "deadline", but they refused to budge. Seems a very strange rule.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why would CMS want to sign for a tinpot outfit like Celtic ?

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Barry Fry is a lower league legend. Passion and pride through and through. That said, the timing of this ain't great. I would be happy to see any of the 3 signed for the Albion. Boyd is a possible.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Fry's always been very complimentary about us - and the support we've brought to London Road. Did good things at Southend and Birmingham for a spell, and the Peterborough fans all seem to love him. Seems passionate about football and has a good sense of humour.

Also had the humility to bury the hatchet with Ferguson and bring him back, successfully.

Can't think of too much to dislike about the guy, really.

I agree and he also kept Barnet going for years, I think he is a proper football man, I watched outside Withdean before a match as he gave "comps" to the travelling fans, we need more like him in football.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I now hope Posh win the play-offs. Without those three next season they are the easiest six points of the season.
Posh fans can't be happy having big mouth Fry and Ferguson junior speaking for their club.

They have known about this situation for ages so they must have some plan lined up.
Also who is the best team in England, who are once again in the youth cup final, and who is their manager's son?
PS Boyd and CMS were non league players when Posh snapped them up.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
as much i want it, we have no chance in hell of signing CMS, especially with the price tag borough put on his head. I seem to remember them rejecting £3Million for him?

What position does Boyd actually play, I always thought of him as a winger?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Boyd grew up in Kent,[1][112] and was "first interested in becoming a footballer when he used to play football with his Dad at the local park".[112] After being rejected by Charlton Athletic at the age of 15, Boyd moved to Stevenage, combining a course at North Hertfordshire College with playing football at the Hertfordshire club.[5] During this time, Boyd worked in a sweet shop at Hitchin railway station to earn the money for his train fare to training.[5] Boyd supports Crystal Palace,[112] who he used to watch regularly, and states that former Palace striker Chris Armstrong was a player he aspired to play like.[112] Boyd has a daughter, Ava, whom his partner gave birth to in March 2011.[123]

f*** that! :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here