Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Ashby

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Sensible post here (from me of all people)

My pal is a stalwart Gills fan. His view on Adsby was less than positive.

Basically he has lost his legs but is solid and is strobng in the air. His positionsl sense is very good and he reads the game well, using anticipation to cut out attacks in place of pace which he never had. He also has a knack of having a howler every three games or so.

In all honesty not too much to hope for.

:glare:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No way we should sign him...MM has said he doesn't want to go into season with 2 35 years olds as centre backs...why are we even bothering with this player? I'd rather start with Elphick than old man Ashby.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we sign Ashby I think we'll struggle. He is not the answer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We need to stop fcuking about with trialists, who are old, crocked and/or just plain useless, and get the cheque book out for a half-decent CCC-standard central defender... we need to do this NOW, and stop pi$$ing about... the Deby game is looming...

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Surely if we signed barry ashby we would have the slowest defence in the championship. No disrespect to Butters or Mayo but we would get caught out too much when the other team is on the break.:lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
B.W. said:
We need to stop fcuking about with trialists, who are old, crocked and/or just plain useless, and get the cheque book out for a half-decent CCC-standard central defender... we need to do this NOW, and stop pi$$ing about... the Deby game is looming...

I do tend to agree with this point, however most of if not all the players of skill on free have gone.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We should do what Mullery did when we got Lawrenson. He asked the players who was the best central defender they played against that season. Then he went and bought him.

It is too important a position.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dick Knights Mum said:
We should do what Mullery did when we got Lawrenson. He asked the players who was the best central defender they played against that season. Then he went and bought him.

Esp for a team like Brighton were they win games by the odd goal rather than crush teams

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Dick Knights Mum said:

You honestly think we can afford one of the best defenders in the Championship? :shootself

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
I do tend to agree with this point, however most of if not all the players of skill on free have gone.

Which is why we need to get the cheque book out...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here