Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley interested in Hoskins and Harley

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
on loan according to The Argus this morning.

Personally I hope Hoskins stays and finally shows us what he is all about.

Brezovan was very close to going on loan last week to an unspecified club, but Gus says, understandably, he is going nowhere now.

Gus expects movement in the loan market but no specific direction of players is mentioned directly but hints at outward movement of fringe players.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
on loan according to The Argus this morning.

Personally I hope Hoskins stays and finally shows us what he is all about.

Brezovan was very close to going on loan last week to an unspecified club, but Gus says, understandably, he is going nowhere now.

Gus expects movement in the loan market but no specific direction of players is mentioned directly but hints at outward movement of fringe players.

They can have Harley ,but after saturdays performanceGus would be mental to ley them have W H

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
They are more than welcome to Harley, Hoskins however i think will be valuable to us.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
No problem with Harley going if Sparrow stays however one of them needs to stay to give us some midfield depth especially considering we like to play 3 in there. Hoskins must stay till January though.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was not there would they work up front together as part of a 442,both looked good on the extended highlights,time now to try something diffrent thats what the squad is for shirley

What was noticeable as soon as Hoskins was that he could hold the ball up, which is not McSmudger's strength, and his passing was more accurate. CMS needs balls to run onto, which we did not provide him with on Saturday.

It was still more 4-1-2-2-1 on Saturday though, with Barnes (especially) and Buckley tracking back a lot.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think Hoskins has made clear a couple of times that he is now settled and that the injury and moving to the south coast had been problematic and that it was now in the past. I'd love to see him score on Saturday along with Dobbie.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Will Hoskins? Fucks sake!

Are they interested in Will Buckley too? What about Liam Bridcutt? Good old Barnsley. Are they going to offer £50k for our captain again in the summer?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can't believe we would be short-sighted enough to loan Will Hoskins to Barnsley. I thought he had a good game against Huddersfield when he came on as a sub on Saturday and did more than CMS had done up to that point. So why ship him out? Just give him more time from the bench to regain his fitness. It's not as if we are flush with strikers FFS.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I can't believe we would be short-sighted enough to loan Will Hoskins to Barnsley. I thought he had a good game against Huddersfield when he came on as a sub on Saturday and did more than CMS had done up to that point. So why ship him out? Just give him more time from the bench to regain his fitness. It's not as if we are flush with strikers FFS.

Easy tiger, all it says is they want them on loan, not that we are looking to ship them out:

Championship rivals Barnsley have showed interest in midfielder Ryan Harley and striker Will Hoskins, although the latter is back in the first team picture and came on at Huddersfield in the second half.

Scunthorpe have already failed with a cut-price loan bid to take Matt Sparrow back to Glanford Park. Poyet said: “There are going to be some calls and some movement. It will depend on the players as well and what they want to do because we try to respect their careers.”

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Amazing idea! It'll be to get them both sharpened up for the Palace game.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not sure why they would want Harley, and his supposed high wages ... I'd have thought they would have gone for the cheaper, better option of Sparrow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here