Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley game to move to Sunday?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Correct and was the biggest turnout of Albion supporters all season - Sundays are the new Saturdays.

Liverpool away was on a Sunday and we still took 6,000 :thumbsup:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The club just tweeted to confirm that the game will NOT be moved and will go ahead as planned at 3pm on the Saturday

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Don't think the club were ever going to consider moving it, despite what the OP said/hoped

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Have we ever moved a game to accommodate the Cricket!

Yup. When we (Sussex I mean) made the 50 over C&G final in 2006 Albion were supposed to play Crewe Alex on the saturday (the day of the cricket) but they moved the footie to the Sunday. I went to both.

Not expecting it to be moved, but it wouldnt be a total shock to me if it was.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Could understand if the cricket was being played in London but guess it wouldn't change many peoples minds about going all the way to Cardiff if the Barnsley game was moved to the Sunday, have seen fans complain in the past with the lack of Sat 3pm games at home, so moving this one would have been a tad annoying.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Grown up football or the kiddie version of cricket................?

Never was going to be a contest was it?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yes please to move. Wedding Present day festival on the Saturday in Brighton.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If we were at the withers and no doubt playing some noddy side who bring about 150 fans (im looking at you carlisle, hartlepool, colchester etc) and arseing around at the bottom end of L1 then it would have been moved no question.

But not now.

However it does beg the question why "finals day" is at the start of the footy season every year and a month gap between qtr final and finals day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here