Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley game to move to Sunday?

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Recently had argument with the missus as I will be joining her a day late on holiday so I could go to this game......fucksocks...... She will be double pissed off if I now tell her I might be able to go! If you want to go to cricket go but don't mess with my planned Saturday! Always disliked cricket!

And it's £50 a ticket..................?????????

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Has to be Saturday. I've arranged summer UK break (live in Middle East) so I can get to Hull, Cardiff and Barnsley. Fly back on 26th. grrrrr

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm sure Barnsley fans will be made up with that.

If the club has any sense it will try and maximise its income by showing the games on the consourses and in Dicks.

All those who say it should be moved probably need to consider the weather, if it rains in Cardiff all day on the Saturday the matches will take place on the Sunday, what do we do then postpone the Barnsley match.

I can remember standing in the north watching the football getting updates on the radio when Sussex were in the Gillette Cup final

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Can't believe it will be moved - it's far too late.

Barnsley fans will have bought their train tickets, even possibly booked hotels.

Same goes for some distant Albion fans too.

Best we can hope for is it to be on the TVs on the concourses.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Can't the club open the stadium early and use the big screens so anyone can watch before the game depending on what time we start the cricket??

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Far, far too late to move it given the number of fans (home and away) that will have made travel plans as [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] says. I can't believe they'd be that daft to be honest.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I say don't move, just show it on the pitch side big screens as well

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To late to move now

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
FFS we're not playing at Withdean anymore , just need to put the cricket on the TV screens in the concourses and the Jumbo screens , problem sorted.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Game date makes no difference to me but think its too late now, as others have said Barsnley fans would have booked train tickets etc.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Have we ever moved a game to accommodate the Cricket!

The Cricket will probably have a reserve day due to rain so may be played on Sunday anyway. Sussex only sell 2-3K of tickets I imagine. Not all of these will have dual membership i.e. Albion and Sussex.

Would love it but as many have said think the football organisation has moved up a few steps and it takes a lot to move a game.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If they do, they can fook right off........... kooonts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here