Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley game to move to Sunday?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
T20 Finals day clash. Club considering moving the Barnsley game to the Sunday so fans can go and support Sussex in the principality.
PG

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
They better f***ing not do that, I've managed to wangle the Saturday off work by agreeing to do a ridiculous 9pm-7am shift on Friday. Haven't been able to get the Sunday off, so I'll be mightily f***ed off if this is moved.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm going to a wedding on the Saturday so this would please me greatly. Not sure what kind of state I'll be in mind.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Moving to Sunday would be PERFECT as I'm due to get married on Saturday 25th - and if they don't move it my fiance will get the right hump when I tell her I can't make the wedding...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They better not move it, I'm away on the sunday. I don't think they will either, it's one thing to postpone a game at Withdean when you knew half the crowd were going to Lords for the FP Trophy final, it's another one entirely to change the plans of over 20,000 people at the Amex.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Should definitely be moved. Give people the chance to support both the cricket and the football.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
f*** dust, I've taken leave for the Saturday. Not sure if I would get the Sunday, anyone know when a decision is going to be made.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Already selling tickets so refunds and returns to deal with at the same time they are trying to get season tickets out? Seems unlikely wishful thinking from a few cricket types on here

bigjon

Oct 12, 2003
barnsley was a sunday last season if my memory serves me right, made travel for away fans awkward.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Should definitely be moved. Give people the chance to support both the cricket and the football.

It should be on the big screens at the Amex so we can watch both. The ECB have once again excelled themselves by leaving a month in-between the QF's and finals day and putting the finals on during the football season when there is quite a crossover between football and T20 fans.

I will not be happy if the barnsley game is moved.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Having just booked a Cardiff hotel I would be over the moon if this was moved, drive to Cardiff, get pissed, win 20/20 final, stay night, drive back to Brighton, watch Albion stuff Barnsley, drive home and spend Bank Holiday Monday with Mrs and daughter in pub beer garden...........if Carlsberg made weekends.......

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No win here for club.

Instinctively in the big picture it would be great if it was moved. My reaction when Styris was going crazy was 'I can't go if we win'. A lot of overlap in support for Albion and Sussex and might take 3000 plus off travelling fans for a finals day.

That said it is very late notice when longstanding fans have made expensive arrangements. Tough call, I'd just side with switching.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It should be on the big screens at the Amex so we can watch both. The ECB have once again excelled themselves by leaving a month in-between the QF's and finals day and putting the finals on during the football season when there is quite a crossover between football and T20 fans.

I will not be happy if the barnsley game is moved.

Even more so if you read my new thread about cricket finals day:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here