Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley chasing Greer - bid rejected

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
From twitter:

@BBCSussexSport: BBC sources in Yorks say Barnsley have had an offer for #bhafc Gordon Greer rejected. Unclear whether the club will make improved offer.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Can't see that a) we'd let him go and b) he'd want to go

Unless they're willing to give us something silly like £5m

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
That made me chuckle. Unless Barnsley get overtaken by some Oil tycoon this will never ever happen. Mind you, could be freeing up some wages to seal the Raul, Heskey and Owen deals

Last edited:

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Barnsley have more chance of shitting in the queens handbag

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I said a few weeks ago that I wouldn't have been surprised if Greer left this summer.

Really ?

Club captain, one of the first names on the teamsheet, a whisker away from Player of the Season, going bald.

I'd be amazed if he left this summer. It'd have to be a very decent bid from a big club to even have a chance of prising him away, and I don't see Gus wanting to lose his captain any time soon.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Breaking News: Luton Town have reportedly had a bid turned down for up-and-coming striker Lionel Messi; reported to be in the region of 50K. Barcelona are hoping to hold on to the youngster and have shrugged off the bid as "laughable, he is far better than Wilfred Zaha, and he is worth at least 50 million".

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've met the Barnsley board , not a CHANCE :lol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
From twitter:

@BBCSussexSport: BBC sources in Yorks say Barnsley have had an offer for #bhafc Gordon Greer rejected. Unclear whether the club will make improved offer.

Odd one this.

Could be Greers agent hoping to get a longer deal for him. How much time left on his contract.....?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Doesn't seem much different from when he joined us from Swindon and they all harked on about a sideways move. He was their captain too.

Like it or not Barnsley are an established Championship club (Something we're hoping for) and I'd say historically bigger than us so it wouldn't be out of this world. What will stop it I'm sure is I don't think they will pay what we ask given how highly we rate him and he seems pretty settled here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here