Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes or Sandaza

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone think Sandaza or maybe another one of our fringe strikers could be given the nod over Barnes, its now been 1 goal in 5 for Barnes, i know he works hard but i for one would like to see a change.

Barnes every time. Puts in the hard graft for the team. The Horse just picks up scraps in the box from tired opponent. Not saying its not welcome, just saying its not enough.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Barnes every time. Puts in the hard graft for the team. The Horse just picks up scraps in the box from tired opponent. Not saying its not welcome, just saying its not enough.

To be fair to Francisco, he hasn't had much of a chance to prove otherwise, due to fitness and form of the other strikers.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London

I couldnt agree more very sober at MK and it was so obvious that movement and flair drained out of the team when Barnes went off. He links play and creates space for likes of Bennett and Murray. The three forwards at MK were static and every move ended with a cross from left against 10 men, it was pretty dismal last 20 mins.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I`ve a feeling Gus might want to bring Sparrow in some time soon and that may mean a rest for someone. Barnes maybe ? It changes the shape somewhat but that doesn`t bother Gus. I personally would play Noone from the start saturday and put Barnes on the bench till late on. Sandaza coming on is ok but not in place of Wood or Murray from the start.

For us foreigners who can't watch the matches: what exactly is our shape at the moment? From what I have read recently Bridcutt protects the defence, Dicker plays in front of Bridcutt and Bennett likes playing just behind the 3 central strikers. It sounds like an incredibly narrow 4 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 3 (without wingers).

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
For us foreigners who can't watch the matches: what exactly is our shape at the moment? From what I have read recently Bridcutt protects the defence, Dicker plays in front of Bridcutt and Bennett likes playing just behind the 3 central strikers. It sounds like an incredibly narrow 4 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 3 (without wingers).

Ankergren
Calderon-Greer-El-Abd-Painter
Bridcutt
Bennett - Dicker
Murray - Wood - Barnes

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I think Fran is unlucky not to get more game time, Woods is off it at the moment not helped by an injury but feel he deserves to be third choice at the mo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here