Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes appeal unsuccessful - sake.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
100% this. How McCann wasn't even booked for his retaliation to Barnes is beyond me. And this is part of the reason why I'm opposed to an extent to Vincelot's sending off; the 4th official selectively intervenes when he wishes. Where is he for every other unseen or dubious issue throughout the game? If he saw Vincelot, then surely between him, the ref and two linesmen, one of them noticed McCann's reaction.
Whilst it may sound naive to assume the FA has it in for us, it's undeniable (but sometimes unnoticeable) that the officials will/should do their homework, and seeing our disciplinary record, it will change the way our games are refereed. It's an absolute farce to be fined £15k for the Southampton game when every pundit in England recognised that Dunk's challenge was outside the box and thus should have never been a penalty. Yet we get penalised three times for it (penalty, Tanno and fine), and now Gus doesn't feel he can voice his opinion over the Burnley fiasco because of fear of further FA retribution.

Referees need to be more accountable because at the moment it's a frigging joke.

To be fair, Tanno's red and the fine were both to do with the second penalty - the dive - but apart from that, I agree with everything else you've written.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
You think Barnes is shite? you've lobbed up some classic, ignorant shite as posts in the last 24 hours haven't you? What next? 'that Mackail-Smith - he's a lazy bugger'? Whether your Barnes' biggest fan or not as a player (he's scored stacks of goals for us - less this year, granted, same as everyone else and he's young, playing with different personel and against more experienced and tougher teams), to say he's shite is just utterly ridiculous. Please go for a lie down - for a long time :bla: :albion2:

Stacks of goals? He has scored 5 goals in 22 appearances, of which 2 were penalties. And you think I am ignorant? I think the fact that you list your occupation as a "groover" shows exactly what kind of person you are. You have been on this board for less than 3 weeks, maybe you don't understand that people post their own opinions of what they think. Perhaps you should try having that lie down yourself and stop commenting on all my posts, what do you fancy me or something you sausage?

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Stacks of goals? He has scored 5 goals in 22 appearances, of which 4 were penalties. And you think I am ignorant? I think the fact that you list your occupation as a "groover" shows exactly what kind of person you are. You have been on this board for less than 3 weeks, maybe you don't understand that people post their own opinions of what they think. Perhaps you should try having that lie down yourself and stop commenting on all my posts, what do you fancy me or something you sausage?
Barnes scored goals at Bristol City and Cardiff which were not penalties, so somewhere along the line you've got your facts wrong. And he did score stacks of goals for us last season.
He's got real potential, our Ashley, and it pains me how many people seem to want to discard him.
Also, ridiculous sending off and subsequent decision from the FA.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i've only seen the incident once on tv and my immediate thoughts were that he could n't have possibly stamped on the burnley player deliberately as he came at him from behind ,to my eye he was more like trying to hurdle a very bad tackle and don't think he deliberately stamped on the bloke,i think it was a classical bit of gamesmanship from mcann and the ref got sucked in good and propper. how the burnley player stayed on the pitch is a joke ........i reckon an after match interview with ref's , replaying contentious issues and asking for an explanation would be good.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stacks of goals? He has scored 5 goals in 22 appearances, of which 2 were penalties. And you think I am ignorant? I think the fact that you list your occupation as a "groover" shows exactly what kind of person you are. You have been on this board for less than 3 weeks, maybe you don't understand that people post their own opinions of what they think. Perhaps you should try having that lie down yourself and stop commenting on all my posts, what do you fancy me or something you sausage?
Oh dear, you do have some issues don't you? I commented on two of your posts yesterday, not because of who posted them but because they were particularly ill thought out and offensive. I'm so sorry to have not served your imaginary qualification period before having an opinion - I avoided posting till recently as I knew I'd get involved in stuff like this, as we all do. I guess supporting my club through good times and bad, since being taken to the goldstone aged 7 is less important than time served on this forum? Yes, those posts were ignorant and I think poring over my profile to decide 'exactly what kind of person' I am would be creepy if I wasn't busy pissing myself laughing. & no, I don't fancy you. Did you want me to? Something you need to talk to someone about? You do seem to have an unhealthy interest in sausages ??? Oh and again, before I forget. To call a talented and young player, who's been a hero for us but still finding his feet in this division (like his team mates) and often being played out of position but blatantly giving his all for our team 'shite' is beyond ignorant - maybe it's an anger management issue, what with the sausage thing and all? Merry Christmas to you all anyway :bigwave: :guitar: :albion2:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stacks of goals? He has scored 5 goals in 22 appearances, of which 2 were penalties.

7 goals in 25 games. And given the difficulty we had with penalties when he didn't take them last season (and when he hasn't taken them this season), I don't think we should be so quick to dismiss them.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Barnes scored goals at Bristol City and Cardiff which were not penalties, so somewhere along the line you've got your facts wrong. And he did score stacks of goals for us last season.
He's got real potential, our Ashley, and it pains me how many people seem to want to discard him.
seconded :guitar: :albion2:

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Oh dear, you do have some issues don't you?

Merry Christmas to you all anyway :bigwave: :guitar: :albion2:

The only issue I have is with someone who replies to my posts and starts calling me names after I expressed an opinion. You don't know me, and have never met me. We can go back and forth forever on here and you can sit behind your keyboard and say what you like, but I am ending my involvement with you here as it is obviously pointless.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Irrespective of what the match officials did to try and ruin the game it will still be talked about for years to come as the "9 Heroes Game"

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
The only issue I have is with someone who replies to my posts and starts calling me names after I expressed an opinion. You don't know me, and have never met me. We can go back and forth forever on here and you can sit behind your keyboard and say what you like, but I am ending my involvement with you here as it is obviously pointless.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

Merry Christmas to all

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
pointless but fun :lol: I didn't call you names, I said your post (calling a great servant of this club names) was ignorant. Merry Christmas, sausage boy :bigwave: btw where do you send your posts from if not behind your keyboard? Underneath it? Inside it? :kiss: :guitar: :albion2:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

oh and while we are about it.................#

Craig Mackail Smith!!!! An international quality striker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did he LASt score a goal??????????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here