Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes appeal unsuccessful - sake.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
What amuses me in a slightly geeky way is if you follow the argus albion twitter the link to the story is...

Code:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/9430006.Albion_lose_Barnes_appeal/?ref=twt

and the HTML parameter ref = twt makes me chuckle as indeed, the ref = twat ;)

very geeky, but VERY funny! haha

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure why anyone is surprised. The FA only ever back down in really outrageous miscarriages of justice, or cases of mistaken identity, not one where half the crowd think it's a foul and half don't. To do otherwise would risk undermining their own officials and they can't be seen to do that.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
A terrible injustice but am not surprised. It clearly was not a deliberate act and appeared to have been the result of McCann's original tackle. If RV went for retaliation why was McCann still on the pitch after grabbing Barnes around the neck? Why was the Burnley player who shoved off El Abd not even spoken to? It's ref inconsistency and selective meddling by 4th officials that winds up fans. I dread to think what will happen if the players feel they are on the wrong end of bad decisions over the next 3 games. I have seen every home game this season and 2 away games and do not recall us once getting the benefit of a dodgy ref decision. What happened on Saturday is an open invitation for other teams players to hurl themselves to the ground trying to persuade the ref that dirty old Brighton are up to there old tricks. I bet Southampton are practicing right now. At least in makes selection for the next 3 games easy - have we got a squad left after the suspensions and injuries?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The fa are cnuts. They fly to Switzerland to kiss eufa's arse in order to get Rooney's ban reduced. Yet They fail to overturn Barnes foul that never was and fail to punish mcann for his assault. I know Rooney and barnes should not be mentioned in the same sentence. But should that matter? If you think the fa have it in for us now, imagine what it would be like if we were in the premier league. The organization is rotten from top to bottom, full of employees who have never even played the game. Clueless pricks

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He was jumping to avoid a tackle which looked like the sort of tackle which could break a leg. In no way was it a deliberate stamp.
Had a text today from a Sheffield Weds supporting mate - "Just seen the decisions from your match, what a load of bollocks. Most puzzling was why your player got sent off for nearly having his leg broken"

I hope someone pointed out to the FA fools that McCann was not even spoken to or booked for his part in the incident.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Barnes has seen McCann fly in and not liked it, so come down on him. He meant it.

The fact McCann should have gone is a completely separate point.

That implies that Barnes had time to think about what he was doing. If you've ever seen a Barnes interview with the media, you would know that he isn't the quickest thinker in the club, so negates any theory that you have about his intentions.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
For those that think Barnes is guilty.......... The evidence such as there is. Watching it from the touchline and the Clubs video and BBC's. Gus, Tanno and I should imagine a few other professionals at the Club would have studied these, and then if it was me I would have watched it with Barnes and asked him, " Did you stamp on him or deliberately try to injure him?" If the answer was No Boss, then as his Manager I would do my best to support him and try to prove his innocents as best I could.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
The fa are cnuts. They fly to Switzerland to kiss eufa's arse in order to get Rooney's ban reduced. Yet They fail to overturn Barnes foul that never was and fail to punish mcann for his assault. I know Rooney and barnes should not be mentioned in the same sentence. But should that matter? If you think the fa have it in for us now, imagine what it would be like if we were in the premier league. The organization is rotten from top to bottom, full of employees who have never even played the game. Clueless pricks

:lolol:So we are back to the good old conspiracy theories that the FA are all out to get Brighton & Hove Albion? Yeah right, next you will be telling me they are all Palace fans? Do you have any opinions about man never landing on the moon or the Americans crashing planes into their own buildings?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Happy really as he doesn't bring anything to the side. as long as we don't win any penalties then he'll not be missed.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
to be honest I think Barnes is shite anyway so maybe this will give Buckley some more playing time.
You think Barnes is shite? you've lobbed up some classic, ignorant shite as posts in the last 24 hours haven't you? What next? 'that Mackail-Smith - he's a lazy bugger'? Whether your Barnes' biggest fan or not as a player (he's scored stacks of goals for us - less this year, granted, same as everyone else and he's young, playing with different personel and against more experienced and tougher teams), to say he's shite is just utterly ridiculous. Please go for a lie down - for a long time :bla: :albion2:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:lolol:So we are back to the good old conspiracy theories that the FA are all out to get Brighton & Hove Albion? Yeah right, next you will be telling me they are all Palace fans? Do you have any opinions about man never landing on the moon or the Americans crashing planes into their own buildings?

I can see why you're Firingblanks.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
I can see why you're Firingblanks.

The clue might be in my surname?
Right....you BHA goggled eyed Brighton fans are boring me now, so you will be pleased that I am going back to the hole from which I crawled from and will go back to my normal posting activity of posting once every six months. And as for you Barnes haters, get a life....He's a great player - he just gets a bit carried away sometimes.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
The clue might be in my surname?
Right....you BHA goggled eyed Brighton fans are boring me now, so you will be pleased that I am going back to the hole from which I crawled from and will go back to my normal posting activity of posting once every six months. And as for you Barnes haters, get a life....He's a great player - he just gets a bit carried away sometimes.

You'll be sold in the summer and back playing division one football.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
A terrible injustice but am not surprised. It clearly was not a deliberate act and appeared to have been the result of McCann's original tackle. If RV went for retaliation why was McCann still on the pitch after grabbing Barnes around the neck? Why was the Burnley player who shoved off El Abd not even spoken to? It's ref inconsistency and selective meddling by 4th officials that winds up fans. I dread to think what will happen if the players feel they are on the wrong end of bad decisions over the next 3 games. I have seen every home game this season and 2 away games and do not recall us once getting the benefit of a dodgy ref decision. What happened on Saturday is an open invitation for other teams players to hurl themselves to the ground trying to persuade the ref that dirty old Brighton are up to there old tricks. I bet Southampton are practicing right now. At least in makes selection for the next 3 games easy - have we got a squad left after the suspensions and injuries?

100% this. How McCann wasn't even booked for his retaliation to Barnes is beyond me. And this is part of the reason why I'm opposed to an extent to Vincelot's sending off; the 4th official selectively intervenes when he wishes. Where is he for every other unseen or dubious issue throughout the game? If he saw Vincelot, then surely between him, the ref and two linesmen, one of them noticed McCann's reaction.
Whilst it may sound naive to assume the FA has it in for us, it's undeniable (but sometimes unnoticeable) that the officials will/should do their homework, and seeing our disciplinary record, it will change the way our games are refereed. It's an absolute farce to be fined £15k for the Southampton game when every pundit in England recognised that Dunk's challenge was outside the box and thus should have never been a penalty. Yet we get penalised three times for it (penalty, Tanno and fine), and now Gus doesn't feel he can voice his opinion over the Burnley fiasco because of fear of further FA retribution.

Referees need to be more accountable because at the moment it's a frigging joke.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
100% this. How McCann wasn't even booked for his retaliation to Barnes is beyond me. And this is part of the reason why I'm opposed to an extent to Vincelot's sending off; the 4th official selectively intervenes when he wishes. Where is he for every other unseen or dubious issue throughout the game? If he saw Vincelot, then surely between him, the ref and two linesmen, one of them noticed McCann's reaction.
Whilst it may sound naive to assume the FA has it in for us, it's undeniable (but sometimes unnoticeable) that the officials will/should do their homework, and seeing our disciplinary record, it will change the way our games are refereed. It's an absolute farce to be fined £15k for the Southampton game when every pundit in England recognised that Dunk's challenge was outside the box and thus should have never been a penalty. Yet we get penalised three times for it (penalty, Tanno and fine), and now Gus doesn't feel he can voice his opinion over the Burnley fiasco because of fear of further FA retribution.

Referees need to be more accountable because at the moment it's a frigging joke.

Well said sir.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here