Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes and Murray the solution: if it ain't broke don't fix it

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
- Murray & Barnes were awesome in our good run
- Wood came into side and our form slid
- Barnes comes on today and we win again

Shouldn't we just start with Barnes & Murray and forget about Wood. Can't help thinking that Gus feels obliged to play him but lets just leave him on the bench instead

Great result today you super seagulls!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I'll be happy to keep Wood. Doesn't look too bad, as long as we aren't paying outrageous wages then we may as well keep him on loan.
If we do happen to get in 2 strikers better than Wood then obviously we don't need him but I can't see us getting in 2 strikers.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think it is that straightforward. Barnes had been quite poor and looked like he needed a break. I think it is unfair to attribute our slide in form to Chris Wood. I would say it had more to do with missing LuaLua and having to change our plans/lack of attacking options on the bench.

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
I'll be happy to keep Wood. Doesn't look too bad, as long as we aren't paying outrageous wages then we may as well keep him on loan.
If we do happen to get in 2 strikers better than Wood then obviously we don't need him but I can't see us getting in 2 strikers.

Fair play to Poyet for making the changes that got us back into the game. Having said that he probably should have stuck with the team that beat L.Orient.

Playing 1 up front against an average mid table team seems strange. It looks like he's got a problem of trying to fit 5/6 quality midfielders into the team. 4-4-2 seems to gives us good balance, but who misses out in the middle of the park ?

Great comeback though

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I don't think it is that straightforward. Barnes had been quite poor and looked like he needed a break. I think it is unfair to attribute our slide in form to Chris Wood. I would say it had more to do with missing LuaLua and having to change our plans/lack of attacking options on the bench.

Spot on

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Wouldn't say Exeter are average, particuarly at home !!, absolutely delighted to snatch the win.Looks like us and the Saints could be about to pull away...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Have we forgotten Saturday already?

Probably Wood's best game, linked up with Murray well .We won 5-0 I seem to recall. There's not that much difference between Wood and Barnes probably, but if we have them both competing and bringing the best out of each other that's not a bad thing. Barnes form had gone to pot, that's why he lost his place (if you remember it was Murray that initally lost his place to Wood).

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
I think Barnes looked more mobile than Wood, did'nt see the Charlton but was told Wood was too slow. I think we need a decent striker, but where is he?????????????????

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Have we forgotten Saturday already?

Probably Wood's best game, linked up with Murray well .We won 5-0 I seem to recall. There's not that much difference between Wood and Barnes probably, but if we have them both competing and bringing the best out of each other that's not a bad thing. Barnes form had gone to pot, that's why he lost his place (if you remember it was Murray that initally lost his place to Wood).

this

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think Barnes looked more mobile than Wood, did'nt see the Charlton but was told Wood was too slow. I think we need a decent striker, but where is he?????????????????

Trouble is if you shell out on 'a decent striker' there's no guarantee he'll not get crocked in his first game and put you back to square one. The current setup with Murray/Barnes/Wood offers a bit of scope and flexibility and at this stage in the season, while the defence is fairly tight, personally I'd rather we invest in 2 x 10 goals a season men than 1 x 20 goals a season man if only from the strength in depth aspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here