Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barn door Barnes

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Jesus, not this feckin subject again. Some on NSC need to change the damn record.
Glasfryn is right. Have a little faith and trust Gus and Tony. They've already delivered so much in a short space of time.
FWIW, I'm no great fan of Barnes, but all the time he puts on a Brighton shirt, he'll get my support.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
How can you blame cms because his price tag was over inflated?
Our style of play only suits defensive players in this division.

I dont't!!! Read the post!!

Maybe I sould have put !?!?!?!?!? after that sentence, but this is what was suggested by some wally last night

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
FWIW, I'm no great fan of Barnes, but all the time he puts on a Brighton shirt, he'll get my support.
As he should from every supporter inside the ground, as should any player in our shirt.

But that doesn't mean people cannot have their say whenever they like, on what ever they like on an internet forum.

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
I wouldnt go as far as to say get rid of barnes, hes got a great placement in his shot could do with a little power but that will come with training as will a major floor in his game which is the fact he drops too deep too often. Im all for a striker dropping back to help defend but i just feel a certain points in the game when say the keeper boots it forward for cms to bring down, pass and make a run for the through ball. Time after time I see cms up on his own I just feel we would had more success this way. One thing I have been wodering is whether Gus sees Dicker as a definite starter or is he just plugging a gap left by injuries, I know people feel different about him but in my opinion I just think hes a squad player at best, I dont think he improves the team in anyway when hes playing and I would hate to think hes stopping exciting players like Lua Lua and Buckley.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I wouldnt go as far as to say get rid of barnes, hes got a great placement in his shot could do with a little power but that will come with training as will a major floor in his game which is the fact he drops too deep too often. Im all for a striker dropping back to help defend but i just feel a certain points in the game when say the keeper boots it forward for cms to bring down, pass and make a run for the through ball. Time after time I see cms up on his own I just feel we would had more success this way. .
As much as I knock Barnes, you cannot blame him for dropping deep. That's Poyet. Barnes is only doing as he is told from the manager. You can't fault Barnes for that. Even I wouldn't blame him for doing that!!!!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
how very dare you say that about St CMS
look lets all agree they are all shite and so is the manager and all his cronies

now takes tongue out of cheek
we got a point against a very good side
were we saying all this when we were fighting for the life of the Albion the passion from the Hereford game was immense and to be quite honest and may all those players forgive me,
then we were shite

lets all trust in Gus and Tony
and when things go a little wrong stop fecking moaning like a lot of little girls
when we are very nearly going out of the league then you have my permission to moan ........but thats the time I suspect you won't
though

I will just add this little gem for those who might not know the idea of a football game is to score more goals than the opposition

BARNES 20 GOALS ..TOP SCORER

and I don't care if he is fecking useless (he isn't ) he is doing the job he was put in there to do

Im wondering if this line could be constituted as a "where we came From". hmmm its 50/50

Last edited:

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
As much as I knock Barnes, you cannot blame him for dropping deep. That's Poyet. Barnes is only doing as he is told from the manager. You can't fault Barnes for that. Even I wouldn't blame him for doing that!!!!

Oh I agree but I think thats why a few may see him as not a decent player.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Barnes really is a love him loath him sort of player. Personally I would rather him start than not. But I do think Gus should take the reigns off a bit. As for Dicker, for me he is not a starter. I would rather keep Sparrow than Dicker tbh. But as somebody said, all the time any of them wear the stripes, they will have my support.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Jesus, not this feckin subject again. Some on NSC need to change the damn record.
Glasfryn is right. Have a little faith and trust Gus and Tony. They've already delivered so much in a short space of time.

This - although I must admit that the occasional "FFS Barnes!" has been heard to escape from my lips

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Im wondering if this line could be constituted as a "where we came From". hmmm its 50/50

it is where we came from and its who we are
I and many others who may not have become part of the glitterati who can now afford to go to Albion games were there when we were shite and we knew the players were not all that good compared with those we have today but we still loved and supported them we followed them and OK sometimes we moaned but never to the extent to the way its going on now.
I mean for gods sake are saying that last seasons top scorer has suddenly become a useless player and others have suddenly become crocks, because that's the way I am reading it and if others think that's IS whats going on and some players are deliberately going out on the pitch and not doing there best then they are right we should get rid, it there any evidence of this.

some time ago I said on this board about how peoples expectations had gone up a notch, new players new manager, new ground and lots of new supporters which is good but we seem to have lost some of the heart, people are quick to criticise players management and the club generally.
we are not yet in the premiership and before we get there I hope we can find that heart we had at the likes of the Hereford game, I for one am not ashamed to be proud of those times and for those who say those times are gone and to be forgotten either were not there or have very short memories

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
it is where we came from and its who we are
I and many others who may not have become part of the glitterati who can now afford to go to Albion games were there when we were shite and we knew the players were not all that good compared with those we have today but we still loved and supported them we followed them and OK sometimes we moaned but never to the extent to the way its going on now.
I mean for gods sake are saying that last seasons top scorer has suddenly become a useless player and others have suddenly become crocks, because that's the way I am reading it and if others think that's IS whats going on and some players are deliberately going out on the pitch and not doing there best then they are right we should get rid, it there any evidence of this.

some time ago I said on this board about how peoples expectations had gone up a notch, new players new manager, new ground and lots of new supporters which is good but we seem to have lost some of the heart, people are quick to criticise players management and the club generally.
we are not yet in the premiership and before we get there I hope we can find that heart we had at the likes of the Hereford game, I for one am not ashamed to be proud of those times and for those who say those times are gone and to be forgotten either were not there or have very short memories

Totally agree. We're Brighton, not Chelsea or Spurs. Who we are is the sum of our history. Anyone denying this context is sadly out of step with the soul of this club.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Was disappointed that he didn't take his chances last night. I am normally the one who defends him in my section on the WSL. Sure he will make amends as the season goes on - always seems to pop up with a goal when we need him too!! overall we have to be happy with last nights performance.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why didn't you start this thread, Mr Burns? Or were you sat at home, wanting somebody else to, so you could contribute? One miss. CMS missed a chance. Lua Lua spanked chances wide, so did Crofts and Greer.

But that wouldn't suit your anti-Barnes agenda, would it?

True, but Barnes missed the easiest chance by far... unmarked header from 6 yards... also, clean through (great run by Barnes to get into that position) and, what does he do? Goes for the pen! Lack of confidence, maybe?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Facepalm.jpg

Oh I'm sorry I disagreed with you. Of course money is no measure of a players ability or worth. Silly me, Barnes is a **** and CMS can do no wrong. Lord, Mr Burns has made me see the light!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just out of curiousity, who do you suggest we play instead of Barnes and CMS ? We only have Adgestein and maybe someone else whos name i have totally forgotten - Hoskins is injured and we havent brought another striker in yet. At least we are getting shots in target.

Christ, its the second game of the season and we have played against 2 good teams and we were the best team in both matches - not a major problem yet. Hopefully it will be different against a "weaker" Barnsley.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Oh I'm sorry I disagreed with you. Of course money is no measure of a players ability or worth. Silly me, Barnes is a **** and CMS can do no wrong. Lord, Mr Burns has made me see the light!
That's a pathetic attempt to wiggle out of the issue. We haven't really disagreed have we, I've merely asked you to explain a comment you made, so I dont know why you are crying and trying to make yourself looked bullied

You stated if anyone is to be moaned at, it should be CMS because we pay him more so he should be moaned at first if we don't score.

I simply asked you to explain this ridiculous comment, and so far you haven't. So that makes your last post a little sad really.......

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

he has made you see the light eh!
looks more like a fading old torch at the end of a very long tunnel to me and looks like the battery is about to die

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here