Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going there tomorrow week for 5 days so what is worth doing bearing in mind 17 and 11 year old boys in tow.

Obviously the stadium tour but any hidden gems people can recommend ?

Any information would be useful as normally the city guides just steer you to the bleeding obvious.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Going there tomorrow week for 5 days so what is worth doing bearing in mind 17 and 11 year old boys in tow.

Obviously the stadium tour but any hidden gems people can recommend ?

Any information would be useful as normally the city guides just steer you to the bleeding obvious.

App. its the crime capital of Europe as regards bag snatching and petty crime against tourists

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Sagrada familia , Gaudi Park, for food head to old quarter - cheap touristy stuff at old olympic village, Miro museum, Old olympic stadium and cable car. Las Ramblas and to keep the boys entertained - museum of erotica

Lost count of the times I have been there always enjoy it, BUT watch out for dippers and bag snatchers.

Nou Camp ok ish but the shop was just full of Nike stuff and very shite, there are much better things to do and see.

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
I went there 2 yrs ago and I thought the Stadium tour and Museum were brilliant with plenty of items to look at. The city is ok but crime is an issue as already noted to beware

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks for comments on crime, noted.

Had heard the Sagrada Familia is not worth going in only looking, what about the Gaudi Park - is it very good ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Avoid the Ramblas - reminded of a long Leicester Square, somewhere to attract and rip off tourists.

A wander around the port area.

The stadium tour is ok, but the stadium isn't in the same league as Real Madrid. The museum is great though, especially the trophy cabinets.

Sagrada familia looks great from the outside, but I wouldn't bother going inside it's not very interesting and famously unfinished.

Gaudi Park is interesting but this was my highlight of the visit

Casa Batlló - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For food I recommend this small chain of tapas restaurants

Taller de Tapas

I love Spanish food, but really like the way you can get "modern" tapas easily in Barcelona.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
i've been there three times and have never encountered any crime? i must be doing something right

places to go

-nou camp (definite), the museum is wicked

-gaudi park and that

-take a train out to montserrat

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
i've been there three times and have never encountered any crime? i must be doing something right

places to go

-nou camp (definite), the museum is wicked

-gaudi park and that

-take a train out to montserrat

First two yes, been to Montserrat already

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Am I the only person who thinks the Nou Camp is a complete rip off?? You basically pay 15 euro to have a look at it from a section of the seats inside (museum is good though!). Having said that, no-one would have talked me out of going there...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are Barca at home when you're there? If they are, and they're not playing Real Madrid, you should be able to get in :)

Annoyingly not

Oct 25, 2003
Am I the only person who thinks the Nou Camp is a complete rip off?? You basically pay 15 euro to have a look at it from a section of the seats inside (museum is good though!). Having said that, no-one would have talked me out of going there...

the museum is great i think, worth the entrance fee alone

what else do you want to see in a stadium tour? you get changing rooms, after match press thing, players tunnel, press area and then you get to sit in the stands

what else do you need to see?!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Camp Nou (note the writing of the name the correct bloody way round) is brilliant and the museum is WELL worth a visit.

I love the Sagrada Famila, the views from the top of it are stunning, another must do. Parc Guell should also be on your list, as should taking a cable car from the port up to the top of Montjuic, where the Olympic Stadium is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here