Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barca vs. Arsenal

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Xavi scores, 3-3 on aggregate and level on away goals now.

Heading for extra time as it stands.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Messi makes it 3-1 from the spot, cool as you like.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Obviously secondary to the big game of the evening, but I shall be watching muted while listening to our commentary on Seagulls Player.

I think if Barca score early it could be a cricket score, but obviously Arsenal will be on a high after winning the first leg and clearly are not just going to make up the numbers.

I reckon a cracking game to watch and a 3-1 home win on the night.

Hope you put some serious clams on that score ?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Barca are one of the few teams I dislike more than Arsenal. Hopefully Arsenal can sneak through, doubt it though - they've been very poor tonight, as they were in the first leg.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Of course it's worth bearing in mind that if Arsenal score now, they'd lead on away goals.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can the Gooners score from 50 yards out ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Barca win 3-1 on the night, 4-3 on aggregate.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Ref was a joke, Arsenal piss poor. Going to upset a few by saying this but untill Arsenal get a coach with a winning mentality they will win diddly squat.
Chasing a game in a cup competition, Your star striker sent off. Why wait so long to replace him? Really hold out for a draw against Barcelona at home?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If Arsenal fail to win anything this season, Wenger's position should be brought into question. Another failure this time around and it'll be six years without a single trophy, which is ludicrous for any club of that size.

As for last night, I agree that the yellow for kicking the ball away was ridiculous, but if he hadn't got himself booked in the first half it would have been a moot point. Barcelona had more shots on their own goal (by virtue of the own goal) than Arsenal had on it anyway, so I'm not too sure that it would have made a lot of difference if it had stayed 11 vs 11.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
No sympathy for Van Persie. Could easily have been sent-off in the first half for knowingly smacking Alves in the face. I find him a really obnoxious individual.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They worked very hard to close the Arse down all the time. Arsenal were quite poor, but they weren't allowed to play.

Sounds a bit like what Brentford did to us last night. Stopped us playing our usual beautiful game, and to be honest at times, we struggled to cope with it. Hope no other teams were watching and try the same tactics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here