Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barca v Inter

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
SDC10343.jpg

Pique's bum overhangs the left side of the yellow line, neither inter player's foot makes it to the left edge of the yellow line.

The exact passage from the law book regarding interpreting the law:

What a CHEAT. His arse was off side by a few cm, despite not looking up the line he should have stopped play?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
SDC10343.jpg

Pique's bum overhangs the left side of the yellow line, neither inter player's foot makes it to the left edge of the yellow line.

The exact passage from the law book regarding interpreting the law:

Incidentally, if we are being really pedantic, that line is not parallell to the edge of the box.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
really quite boring ain't you

Because I know the offside rule? Because rather than argue from a position of ignorance of the rules as many pundits and supposed experts do I like to refer to the easily accessible pdf copy of the laws of the game (available from fifa.com)?

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Every time i have seen Busquets play (mainly in the champions league), he has dived or conned the referee a number of times. i have developed a strong hatred for this man who can only be described as a cheat. As well as that, he isnt even a very good player and i struggle to identify what he adds to a great barcelona team.

I thought inter were awesome tonight.being a defender myself, it was beautiful watching the whole team defend as a unit, closing down the space and working in perfect lines. it wouldve been perfection but for pique's strangely well taken goal. the organisation and discipline shown by inter despite the injustice of 10 men was amicable. Mourinho has shown tonight he is the best tactician in the game.you could see how inter were a proper team and were working for each other and are full of real pro's.

Im delighted inter won because they did it in the toughest of surroundings and against such a great team who do tend to moan, whinge and cheat a fair bit.

Just wanted to have my say y'know...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Another interesting statistic is that Inter scored 33% more goals than Barca over the two legs.

<pedant alert>They scored 50% more goals actually,

(Barca scored two, Inter scored three, one more than Barca, and 1 is 50% of 2)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Because I know the offside rule? Because rather than argue from a position of ignorance of the rules as many pundits and supposed experts do I like to refer to the easily accessible pdf copy of the laws of the game (available from fifa.com)?

yep pretty much, its gone. You'll also read on the rules of the game that the referees decision if final

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Do you really want to see all those dirty, diving, timewasting, gamesmanship antics in England. We have a bit of it at the moment but some of the shit Chelsea used to pull was shocking. Lucio spent more time on the floor for no reason than standing up tonight and I am sure that was under the direct instruction of Mourinho. The press only want him back because he gives them good column inches because he is always spouting some self obssessed rubbish. Anyone who appreciates good football can not appreciate his approach to the game.

Too right! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair enough. Once again, I agree with your interpretation of the law, quite why you feel the need to look up and quote the exact rule is beyond me.

I had a panicky feeling that I was relying too much on pundit laws of the game, so wanted to check the actual laws of the game, since I thought other people might and highlight that the "any part of your body with which you can score" line isn't in the laws, etc.

I am actually putting way too much into this thread considering I don't really care...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought inter were awesome tonight.being a defender myself, it was beautiful watching the whole team defend as a unit, closing down the space and working in perfect lines. it wouldve been perfection but for pique's strangely well taken goal. the organisation and discipline shown by inter despite the injustice of 10 men was amicable. Mourinho has shown tonight he is the best tactician in the game.you could see how inter were a proper team and were working for each other and are full of real pro's.

Totally agree. I was a defender too and I don't understand all this stuff about lack of footballing skill. To do what Inter did took considerable ability and fantastic organisation. That's what I meant when I said I enjoyed it - I love watching good defending and that's what I call good defending.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
You lot are hilarious. Mourinho plays decent football, not long ball or short passing, just a mix. You can't seriously take this game as an example.[/QUOTE

Not just this game. His Chelsea team were won of the least entertaining teams ever to have won silverware in England. It was so bad even his own supporters got bored of winning stuff playing like that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
<pedant alert>They scored 50% more goals actually,

(Barca scored two, Inter scored three, one more than Barca, and 1 is 50% of 2)

You`re quite right of course. Barca only scored 2/3rds of Inters goals. I`m better with fractions.:thumbsup:

BHAFC4EVER

BOO!
Jan 20, 2009
RH20
You lot are hilarious. Mourinho plays decent football, not long ball or short passing, just a mix. You can't seriously take this game as an example.[/QUOTE

Not just this game. His Chelsea team were won of the least entertaining teams ever to have won silverware in England. It was so bad even his own supporters got bored of winning stuff playing like that.

I wouldnt mind us playing utter crap if we won everything!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

:lolol:

I don't go along with the fact he plays bad football but even if he does, it wins him multiple titles so its not really relevant to his skills as a manager.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
I agree with Sergei here mourinho bought all his diving an cheating antics to the game i cnt remember tonight seeing Lucio playing football lets hopeee Munich win the final. Jose Mourinho higher league Aidy Boothrooyd

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
There's no doubt he is tactically the best coach in the World. But a lot of people find the style of football he uses to achieve his success, somewhat negative. It maybe classed as boring football but Jose more that makes up this himself. That run across the pitch tonight was brilliant and worth watching the match for alone.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't believe I've got to support a German team in the final, don't think I'll bother watching it

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Is there a 'cooler' man in football than Jose? I struggle to find one.

As for Inter, Samuel and Lucio at the back are absolute rocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here