Votes: 75 75.8%
  • Barbeques are well gay innit

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
as long as some other fucker is doing the cooking,who cares!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Charcoal = BBQ
Gas = Cooking?

Get as large a Charcoal BBQ as you can (Kettle drum/Webber type are good). That way you can have the hot inner part of the BBQ and a cooler outside for the slower cooking stuff/keeping it warm once cooked

Built in side tables are mandatory. One to keep the food on and one to place ones beer on whilst cooking.

(Should there be a comma in "ones" because strictly speaking "one" isn't a pronoun or is it?)

Having a DILEMMA about the best type of barbeque to go for. Since losing my mansion last year (self inflicted) and replacing it with a POKEY house with a very small back yard, now have the big decision to make on the BBQ front.

What do the EXPERTS of NSC prefer (and any recommendations)?

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Gas is cheating. If you're not eating at least half an hour later then you hoped because the charcoal isn't going white, it's not a proper bbq.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Go for the cheap option, £3 throw away from Asda, just buy a few extra bog rolls!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
A gas barbecue is not a barbecue.

Shit..!!.....that's gonna confuse the shit out of about 14 million Aussies............. we bbq every day in the summer,so in that respect gas is the way to go ........charcoal undoubtedly gives a better flavour but can also have a much larger incineration index.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Definitely charcoal. I built my own structure and brought one of these babies with the oven drawer.

BBQ.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Having a gas BBQ is basically admitting you're a c**t

I think that's a little harsh!! I have a gas bbq which is quick, convenient and mess free and when I crave "the real experience" I buy a portable one. I am not, to my knowledge, a c**t though some may differ!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I use gas, we've had barbecue 6 nights running this week........marvellous.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Had a Charcoal BBQ last 2 nights and, like sex, if you know what you are doing they are brilliant, but there are instances where gas is better - For instance

If you have an extremely small penis

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
IN the UK it has to be gas - it gets going fast enough to get out there, cook and be done before the next shower comes. Unbroken sunshine doesn't happen often enough! If we were in SPain then charcoal, as it is better as long as you know you have long enough to not be cooking with an umbrella.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
BBQ is indirect cooking, like a weber with the fire round the sides and the food in the middle with the lid on, we did a butterflied leg of lamb this was last night. Grilling is when you put your meat/food over the top of the fire, run the risk of burning it flame outs etc unless you tend it, or get the heat just perfect. in Australia a lot of their cooking is done atop a metal plater with gas burners underneath, they effectively are frying the food as they oil up the plate for cooking on, and no naked flame comes in contact with the food. In the States the indirect method seems to be favoured, where the food doesnt have the flame directly beneath it, they like the hot smoker as well as the indirect BBQ method. In the eastern med they cook directly over coals, with regualar turning to avoid incinerating the food.

It's horses for courses, and over gas you can get good effects, especially with wood chips chucked in, but charcoal for me gives the best flavour/effect, and I can do a perfect steak on there too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gas. Aussies invented the barbie, and if its good enough for them... They have beautiful council-installed gas barbies on the edge of the beaches, least in Byron Bay they do. In the UK they'd be instantly vandalised and/or nicked and/or closed down for Health & Safety reasons, but in Oz they get used by families who wait their turn patiently to cook their meal before cleaning them til they sparkle, ready for the next family to use. Gotta love the Aussies.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here