Votes: 75 75.8%
  • Barbeques are well gay innit

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I have both,

Both are webbers the KING of BBQs, and both are as good as each other. It depends how you use them.

This. I too have both. Prefer using the gas bbq because it's easier and hassle free. As for the smoky taste - the Weber atomisers, and the more you use it gives a great BBQ taste. Oh and a no panic stricken "flame" moments.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Gas. Aussies invented the barbie, and if its good enough for them... They have beautiful council-installed gas barbies on the edge of the beaches, least in Byron Bay they do. In the UK they'd be instantly vandalised and/or nicked and/or closed down for Health & Safety reasons, but in Oz they get used by families who wait their turn patiently to cook their meal before cleaning them til they sparkle, ready for the next family to use. Gotta love the Aussies.

sorry mate ......they are electric...x

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
where's the cement ya tight fucker...?no way you'd have that at one of our barbies......some pissed twatt would have it over ,guaranteed.

:eek: - OMG, I knew I'd forgotten something !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's charcoal all the way. I doubt Aussies invented the bbq and even if they did it doesn't make them any less likely to be drunk, loudmouthed and annoying when they rock up to the beach to enjoy their electricly cooked food. Essentially, as with most things in life I look at what Australians are doing and do the opposite. Those on here with gas "bbq's" I hope you don't let your children watch you cooking on that, they'll never see you as a real man again. Believe.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
alot of aggression towards the gas bbq. are some of you using charcoal to cover up other inadequacies ???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just put a heap of chicken kebabs and mackerel caught yesterday across mine and I wouldn,t even bother doing that on a gas one.
And the Sarfies do the best......braai not barbie. Aussies are such tossers.
You can't beat a nice Boerwors.

Last edited:

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
Charcoal all the way. And some are saying they take long to light, not so with the easy light bags. They take 15 minutes to be ready, about as long as it takes to heat up the oven

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of the joys of being a man is standing around a bbq with your male chums poking a load of coals with a beer in hand. And the ladies like it as well; it's a nice visual aspect for them whilst they get the salads ready. Gas just isn't the same is it?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Gas is much better IMO. Food always tastes nicer.

You clearly don't understand what BBQs are all about. What the food tastes like is completely irrelevant, it's all about cremating it over some charcoal fuelled flames.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Both. We have a small Webber and a larger gas one. This weekend the combination came into its own.

Breakfast al fresco - scrambled eggs on the small hob next to the main event of sausages, bacon, black pudding cooking away on the gas bbq. fast forward to sun night and the small webber had a leg of lamb in a wild garlic and rosemary marinade smoking away for 90 minutes on the webber, while other accompanying food was done effectively and quikly on the gas bbq. You can pick up a decent enough sized Webber for £50.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Both...a decent charcoal one for parties or having people round and a small, cheapy 2 burner from Asda for you and the mrs/partner.

If you get a charcoal one, get a decent webber which also acts as a smoker...then learn the art of smoking your food.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here