• Barbeques are well gay innit

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Having a DILEMMA about the best type of barbeque to go for. Since losing my mansion last year (self inflicted) and replacing it with a POKEY house with a very small back yard, now have the big decision to make on the BBQ front.

What do the EXPERTS of NSC prefer (and any recommendations)?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Charcoal no debate! I don't see the point of gas BBQ's may as well use the oven!

D

Deleted member 18477

Gas is easier. Charcoal is better and a proper BBQ experience.

So depends on what you're after.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
An actual charcoal/wood BBQ will change the taste of the food, it gives it that lovely smokey taste. You won't get that with a gas BBQ. In favour of a gas model, you won't spent half an hour faffing about to get the coals to light properly. If you're happy to spend a little time getting things right then I'd say a charcoal model every time, if you're after something that's easy but with food identical to what you can cook in the oven then go for gas.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Gas is convienent to cook tea on when you get home from work, charcoal is great for the weekend and when you have friends round. I can cook equally well on both.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
damn you NSC. i had decided on gas but you are veering me to charcoal. gas is convienence with the enjoyment of cooking out in the garden. but you miss that chargrilled flavor. lava stones seem to make a middle ground: seered meat juices drop and burn, adding flvour to the meat. i want to know if you can put lava stones on any old gas BBQ cause it many im looking at dont mention them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Charcoal all the way, but you need the Weber style, so you can close the lid and stop the flames burning your food.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Having a DILEMMA about the best type of barbeque to go for. Since losing my mansion last year (self inflicted) and replacing it with a POKEY house with a very small back yard, now have the big decision to make on the BBQ front.

What do the EXPERTS of NSC prefer (and any recommendations)?

I have both,

Both are webbers the KING of BBQs, and both are as good as each other. It depends how you use them.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Having a gas BBQ is basically admitting you're a c**t

Professional bbq masters use gas. Feel free to get gas if you want. If you can, get one with a smoking tray, allowing you to put wet wood chips in it and give your food the smokey flavour some people on here seem to think you can't get with a gas bbq, even though you obviously can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here