Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barack Obama Vs. John McCain

Who would you have as the next PRESIDENT ?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 84 84.8%
  • John McCain

Votes: 15 15.2%

• Total voters

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm interested in why people think Obama MUST win. Is is purely because of his skin colour?
I'm not disputing that choice by the way, but purely because of the fact he's a democrat. I find him a bit annoying to be honest, but as others have said he's the lesser of two evils

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It always amazes me how some in this country get all superior regarding the yanks . We have the same here, have you ever watched jeremy kyle ?

I can assure you I dont get all superior. Far from it.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Republicans almost pulled of a master stroke by selecting a woman as the VP candidate. Obama was clearly going to take a large portion of the Black vote so they tried to tie up the womans vote to counter.
Unfortunately for them they picked Palin who has only succeeded in stealing most of McCain's news cycle and not coming across at all well with it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do occasionally have to do some work , what about you ?

Let's just agree to disagree. I dont think this is really going anywhere.

"McCain is the first Republican in many years to find himself outgunned financially and outmuscled on the ground.

Barack Obama has raised more than $603m (£386m) and Mr McCain just over $380m (£244m).

'Air war'

The effect of that is that wherever you go in America, you cannot switch on the TV without seeing Obama advertising.

The campaign has so much money that the adverts pop up in the middle of major sporting events, which candidates often cannot afford, and on digital cooking channels, where they often would not bother.

Viewers are being treated in the last few days to an ad in which Mr Obama talks about himself and his values and to endless commercials which hammer home the link between John McCain and President George W Bush.

This Democratic domination of the "Air War" will reach a curious climax on October 29 when several of the major broadcasting networks will air a 30 minute long Obama advert which has involved breaking into their regular schedules - and in the case of Fox, even delaying Game Six of the Baseball World Series.

The next week will also see the climax of a ground war in which the Obama camp seems to be on the point of another resounding victory. "

£650 m. That could buy a lot of welfare!! Plus if you add what they spent in getting selected, **** me.

Based on a survey using a sample size of ....err.....five.

five very important racists, not you're general sitting in a bar racist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here