Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bar at Falmer Stadium

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I though the annexe had been scrapped? Either way a supporters bar at Falmer would be great!

You'd think so wouldn't you. HOwever, if it's anything like on here then after half an hour of standing in one place, someone would come along, steal your pint and your place and then explain that the reason why is because they've been supported the Albion for 100 years longer than you and that they've been to every game since year dot.;)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If it is done properly, decent food, good range of beers, maybe Albion themed memorabilia on the walls, etc, etc then it could be a gold-mine and attract people out of the city and surrounding area...but it would need to be really good!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You'd think so wouldn't you. HOwever, if it's anything like on here then after half an hour of standing in one place, someone would come along, steal your pint and your place and then explain that the reason why is because they've been supported the Albion for 100 years longer than you and that they've been to every game since year dot.;)

True. It wouldn't be so much a hopfest as a binfest.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Suppose the type of bar or pub you would ordinarily drink in in Brighton (or wherever) was built at Falmer Stadium, would you drink there at times other than on matchdays?

Bearing in mind that a Supporters' Bar is being planned for the Teletubbies Annexe, and that it is about the same distance from Falmer Station as, say, the Duke of Wellington or the Caxton Arms is from Brighton Station, and that some of the coffers would eventually find its way back to the club, would you make a point of stopping off there assuming (a) you were in the vicinity and (b) that it was open every day anyway?

Just curious, like.

goodness no

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
thinking about it, only if they start serving Tamplins or Watney's Red Barrel

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I wouldn't drink in it if it was full of pretencious knobs who frown on anyone who isn't drinking real ale, or if it was anything like the Brewery Tap on matchdays....

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
probably drink local before hand but would go to supporters bar occasionaly. I'm more likely to pop in after the game for a couple to let the crowds die down.
If yje supporters bar had sky/santa and showed the lunchtime kick offs it would draw the crowds but I doubt a) they would want to and b) afford skys rates.

Oct 25, 2003
i'd definitely give it a substantial chance

it can be to brighton as the strawberry is to newcastle

(and by that i mean atleast ONE picture of phillipe albert on the wall)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Errrr, there aren't any bars at Brighton Uni falmer campus and it's not at all cheap in student bars these days.

thats MENTAL

a huge campus like that would surely be CRYING out for a bar - there must be one on the sussex uni campus

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I wouldn't be so sure. Most of the cheap bars are often very tacky and boring, and would often find myself going in one of the more expensive pubs in Aber because they are generally a lot nicer.

If they get the decor right, and make it feel like a decent pub, then they could do very well.

when a student bar offers 90p a pint of strongbow on a monday night, i couldnt give a toss what the bar is like

having said that, we are pretty much SPOILED for su bars around here. one on every campus, and all of them have a bit of character and a generally good places to hang out

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
when a student bar offers 90p a pint of strongbow on a monday night, i couldnt give a toss what the bar is like

True, but you'll find some students want to get away from whore-infested, vomit-smelling hell holes occasionally. It's great if you want to get bladdered on a fiver, but by the end of my 3rd year at Uni I was quite content with going out for a few quiet ones in a decent pub away from the hustle and bustle of entirely student dominated pubs. The bar at the stadium could make a mint if they get it right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here