Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bar at Falmer Stadium

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
thats MENTAL

a huge campus like that would surely be CRYING out for a bar - there must be one on the sussex uni campus

I think there are three now ( when there used to be four), not many for the number of students... My Uni was up to 2.50 a pint when I finished 4 years ago...

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
probably drink local before hand but would go to supporters bar occasionaly. I'm more likely to pop in after the game for a couple to let the crowds die down.
If yje supporters bar had sky/santa and showed the lunchtime kick offs it would draw the crowds but I doubt a) they would want to and b) afford skys rates.

I'm sure there will be Sky TV in all the hospitality areas, so in the bar shouldn't be a problem.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I think that the bar would struggle, if the stadium were in the middle of town, then it'd probably do well, but you'd have to think about train times, and would always have to go back into town if you wanted to go for a night out - which'd make going out to falmer a bit pointless.

It'd probably do well on matchdays, and if they did it well - maybe international games, but i can't see people going to it when there isn't much point going to it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think that the bar would struggle, if the stadium were in the middle of town, then it'd probably do well, but you'd have to think about train times, and would always have to go back into town if you wanted to go for a night out - which'd make going out to falmer a bit pointless.

It'd probably do well on matchdays, and if they did it well - maybe international games, but i can't see people going to it when there isn't much point going to it.

Depending on size, could see it being hired out for wedding receptions, 21st birthdays etc. What better venue for an Albion fan?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Depending on size, could see it being hired out for wedding receptions, 21st birthdays etc. What better venue for an Albion fan?

Looking at the stadium plans I fully expect the hospitality areas to offered for weddings etc, and would probably do well out of it.
But with the stadium located out of town I just don't how a bar would attract casual drinkers on non match days.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Why not take over The Swan, install a good landlord, and a lively pub dog to keep to locals out! Now let me think! :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here