Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bank Loans

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
curly said:
does nat matter what you earn, what you owe (though this helps) all that matters is your credit rating, if its good enough you gat a loan, if not does not matter what you say, how much you beg i'm sorry you won't get one, so don't worrry its decided already

Not entirely true. When I got my 306 a few years back the bank wouldn't give me the amount of money i needed after I'd already put the deposit on the car. I had to literally BEG the branch manager to sort me out and they did. Took a good two hour meeting mind! :down:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Surely you're supposed to put it on red when it's a month with an R in it? Or is that only for odd-numbered years?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As others have said, DON'T take any kind of payment protection insurance etc. It's bollocks.

I've only had a loan once, and had gone through the whole appointment agreeing everything, got to the point of signing the forms and realise the payments are suddenly much more than I'd thought.

Query it with the bank woman, and she says "oh, um, yes, that's your PPI."

"Do I have to have that?"

"Oh, well, no, it's optional..."

Cheeky little bitch had tried to add it on unnoticed. Probably cos she was on commission for flogging it. Menat that a small £3000 loan had suddenly become almost twice as much to repay, all for some lame policy that would only play out if it was a full moon, a Thursday, over 30 degrees, a leap year, raining and between 11.48am and 11.51am.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
it may well be just a sales opp, dressed up as a loan interview.

be careful, they may try to get you to sign up for more than you need, or can afford (payment insurance, lfe assurance etc..)

be sure you dont overstretch yourself. if you can 'just' afford it, you really cant.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Ding Dong ! said:
My advise. Don't get a loan.

I've never had a loan and never will !!!!

If you'd had a loan with bad experiences then fair enough, but don't give advice on something which you have no experience of.

Loans don't have to be big or expensive and can be good solution to a short-term cashflow problem. Certainly far better than going over-drawn and paying high rates and fees.

What if your offered a new job with a great salary. However to take it up you need to buy a car which you don't currently ave the cash for. If the increased salary covers the cost of the car and loan interest then surely it would be worth taking it out? That's the way business works, you need to invest capita for future returns.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
When i asked for a graduate loan of about £5k 7 years ago or so, the bank man manager asked what i was up to. I needed the money to enjoy Glastonbury in the coming weekends and told him just that. He smiled for a second and said that if i ran out and wanted £50 extra in my account some weekends i should just call him. He winked knowledgably and smirked at what i could soon snort from his charitable fingers.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Right, time for a loan update...

I went to see this georgus young girl at the bank today to ask about my loan.

She put all my details into the computer and it came up with the following options as an illistration or whatever that means:

1)
£3000 over 3 years = £116 p/m
£3000 over 2 years = £164 p/m

Both with 14.3% APR.

Well f*** that i thaught, im not going to/cant afford to pay that much intrest so just as i was about to get up and walk out she said that it would have to be sent off to 'Head Office' for them to approve it as my current credit history is zilch.

So after going into the bank to ask about borrowing some money i now have a new account with an overdraft. (supposidly to help my credit rating)

So after all that i left not knowing wether i can buy a car this weekend and a new bank account that i didnt really want and i had to put £100 in there to open it! :nono:

And to top that all off, i had a meeting with my manager at work today and said, "as were merging with a new shop, we cant offer you 39 hours mon-fri anymore as it wont fit in with our rota!!! :angry:

So i might not have a job in 2 weeks to pay of my high intrest loan anyway!

I had this day planned out so diffrently!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Cancel the account and go elsewhere mate. I am positive you can get a better deal than that somewhere else.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
B.M.F said:
Cancel the account and go elsewhere mate. I am positive you can get a better deal than that somewhere else.

Im sure i could aswell, but if i dont have the money by saturday then i cant buy the car anyway so i dont think i'll bother with it all, especially with my job situation.

Thanks for all your advice and help though BMF :thumbsup:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
ali jenkins said:
Im sure i could aswell, but if i dont have the money by saturday then i cant buy the car anyway so i dont think i'll bother with it all, especially with my job situation.

Thanks for all your advice and help though BMF :thumbsup:

No worries Ali and I hope the work situation works itself out well for you.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
its not a very happy board this week is it:nono:

lets end it on a high with a win in saturday:clap2:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
B.M.F said:
No worries Ali and I hope the work situation works itself out well for you.

So do I.

It really fucks me off though because ive been working for the Co-Op for over 2 years and they havent even been a little bit accomodating unless i want to get to the otherside of brighton for 7am everyday!

They promote all this fair trade bollocks for the public image, but the truth is that unless you are going to buy something from them, they treat you like a ****.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
what do you expect with retail mate, everyone is easily replaceable as far as they are concerned :nono:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Springal said:
what do you expect with retail mate, everyone is easily replaceable as far as they are concerned :nono:

Tell me about it, it was only 2 months ago they were offering me a place on the management training thing they do.

I turned it down as at the time i hated my job and they hadn't announced that they were merging 2 shops!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here