Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bang goes the annual bonus

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
just had a call from tates about my megane, having its first MOT.

Small bulb gone - £6
Front pads worn , but more worryingly my front discs have also worn and have to be replaced......£270 - Bloody car has only done 45,000 miles.

Also lots of stuff that thankfully is going to be covered by warranty.

i dread to think what the final bill will be - I am expecting £500+

:down: :down: :down: :down:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dave the Gaffer said:

Small bulb gone - £6
Front pads worn , but more worryingly my front discs have also worn and have to be replaced......£270 - Bloody car has only done 45,000 miles.

If it helps, Dave, Tates are cunts. Absolute tuck-up merchants. Make sure you query EVERYTHING. We've got a Renault, and they seem to find something every time which you know full well is OK. Our annual MoT bill usually exceeds £600.

But short of going somewhere else and getting it done all over again, what can you do?

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Just got mine back. A grand. I've only done 3000 miles in it since the last service, how can a grands worth have gone wrong? :censored:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
This thread reminds and reassures me why i have TOYOTAS.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I trued-up the front bumper on the Land Rover this morning with a BIG HAMMER :clap:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Re: Re: bang goes the annual bonus

The Large One said:
If it helps, Dave, Tates are cunts. Absolute tuck-up merchants. Make sure you query EVERYTHING. We've got a Renault, and they seem to find something every time which you know full well is OK. Our annual MoT bill usually exceeds £600.

But short of going somewhere else and getting it done all over again, what can you do?

:angry: :angry: :angry:

You can go somewhere else! I would never go to a main dealer for an MOT, service whilst still in warranty yes I would, but MOT definitely NOT!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:

Small bulb gone - £6

Probably too late now but I'd have asked for it back and gone to a small MOT garage for a 2nd test. Most seem to offer a 50% discount these days, so £25.00 odd for a 2nd opinion would have been worth it. How much do Renault charge an hour for labour £70-£100 I'd guess.

I have an R registered Alfa which are notorious for mot failures and I've yet to pay more than £300.00 for an mot and that was because it needed new rear discs and pads.

Main Stealerships are a complete ripoff
:angry:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lokki 7 said:
Just got mine back. A grand. I've only done 3000 miles in it since the last service, how can a grands worth have gone wrong? :censored:

Boxsters' are expensive.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
For gods sake - I get really really MAD when people get rowed down the river with car servicing and fixing....MAIN DEALERS ARE THEIVES!! They get your money when you buy a new/nearly new car, they get more as you have to have it serviced with them for the first 3 years or whatever, then my advice is RUN away as fast as you can and don't even waft your credit card back at them!!

There - got that off my chest....

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Similar problem with my Zafira after it's first MOT.

Check the last service report to see what the break pad usage was. If it states that it still had more the 50% left, argue the toss. Ask 'how come I've used 50% in 12 months when it took me 2 years to use the first 50%'. I did and we settled on me paying for the brake pads as I thought three years was reasonable use, and they replaced the disks because either they lied on my previous service or the f**ked up the brake settings during the last service. Obviously they would admit to this, but that can be the only reason.

Dealerships are a complete rip-off.

This time round, I had a broken front spring, for which the wish to charge me £502 of your finest English pounds. Local garage using Vauxhall parts charged £223.

The worst thing about this whole Boxster tag is that it is probably my most HATED vehicle on the road. Now of course admitting this fact means I will never hear the end of it.
:foolish:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here