Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands You Saw That Were Crap Live

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
Being a huge Thrash Metal fan, some of you will not have clue who I am on about.

1987 - Megadeth, shocking performance, totally upstaged by there support act, Flotsam and Jetsam.
1988 - Megadeth again, in fact, it was the last time I saw them live and never bothered with any of their material after "So Far, So Good".

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
- The Slits at the Top Rank, unlistenable live but I don't mind their records.
- The Cure at the Portsmouth Guildhall; morose and depressing
- Jefferson Starship at Knebworth

Flaming Lips. Great band, terrible live show. So bad, in fact, that I couldn't listen to any of their albums for weeks after because of the memories they brought back. Over £20 to attend a children's tea party. Grrr.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Once in Cardiff.

Once at Wembley supporting The Who. Bad fan alert: yes, I should have been at the Goldstone as it was the day we played Arsenal on our Division One debut. Hugh Cornwell only spoke to the crowd twice. One of the things he said was: "If you're a Brighton fan they just lost 4-nil." Twat.

I saw Hugh Cornwell on his solo acoustic tour last year, it was sad watching a once great artist trying to play songs from his glory days un-accompanied to an audience of about 120 .... one would assume that god has wrought his revenge, 'Hound ?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The Beautiful South, they sounded really good but gave the impression that they would really have rather been somewhere else, both the singers smoked and drank throughout the performance...mind you, it was Glasgow, so they were probably concentrating on what the audience were up to.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
The Cockney Rejects and Adam and the ants (before they went all pop) were so bad. I couldn't make out the songs.

REM and Simple Minds. Very dull.

Meatloaf. I was dragged a long by the Mrs and step son to watch this sad fat twat. But oh what joy when I found out he couldn't sing. It was so bad it was funny. The Mrs said she would of walked after a couple of songs but she stayed for her son. To be honest the freaks in the crowd kept me amused.

But my favourite shit concert was the Sister of Mercy a couple of years back at rock city Nottingham. I had seen them a couple of times in the 80's and they were awesome. Imagine my shock when I was confronted by a bald Jimmy Saville. Loads of dry ice that soon became smog and the whole band disappeared. We were at the side of the stage and witnessed lead singer Andrew Eldritch. Sitting down having a drink and singing because no fucker at the front could see. In a way it was Hilarious. So Andrew thanks for the memories now f*** off :lol:

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Ozric Tentacles. (Student bash years ago). A good fun and dancey band but a terrible gig at the top rank. All of them mangled and useless. High point though was the lead singer introducing the next song only for the bass player to quickly whisper something in his ear. 'Apparently we just did that one' he then announces.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
f*** off, they are the greatest musicians to ever come out of Britain. It is people like you who make me sick. :nono:

No they are not. People are just brainwashed from birth into believing they are. Why can we as a nation move forward. It is 2009.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Oasis at the Brighton Centre, totally rubbish no effort gig when one of the 2 to&&ers walked off stage - would never bother with that lot again even with a free ticket

Ian Brown supporting the Manics was superbly bad, he just cannot sing a tune.

The Damned at a little venue in Worthing, it was so bad that the crush and queue in the bar was massive and left about 5 people watching the band!

One of the last Pogues gigs at Brixton a few years ago, complete waste of time as Shane was basically propped up and occasionally sang a word before smirking and wobbling and then holding the microphone stand for support! It was much better last time I saw them a couple of years ago but I wouldn't bother again. In there day one of the best live bands I have ever seen, so a sad demise of a great band!

The Orb at the reading festival - I have no idea what they are all about. The same with Slipknott! I just had to laugh at both of them before resorting to drinking alcohol to save my sanity!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Once in Cardiff.

Once at Wembley supporting The Who. Bad fan alert: yes, I should have been at the Goldstone as it was the day we played Arsenal on our Division One debut. Hugh Cornwell only spoke to the crowd twice. One of the things he said was: "If you're a Brighton fan they just lost 4-nil." Twat.

Nils Lofren or whatever his name was was worse though

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Flaming Lips. Great band, terrible live show. So bad, in fact, that I couldn't listen to any of their albums for weeks after because of the memories they brought back. Over £20 to attend a children's tea party. Grrr.

WHAT?! They are one of the greatest live acts touring today. I suppose it relies on you enjoying all the gimmicks, but the music is so strong and powerful I think they get away with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here