Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands You Saw That Were Crap Live

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I agree with Ian Brown. The worst live performance i've ever seen.

The Zuton's were crap when I saw them supporting Mull Historical Society.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
Worst Gig ever.....Ocean colour scene (sh*t) at the ipswich regent ( oct 1996) with support from the real people (really sh*t) who were basically 40y ro's trying to sound like Oasis

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Worst Gig ever.....Ocean colour scene (sh*t) at the ipswich regent ( oct 1996) with support from the real people (really sh*t) who were basically 40y ro's trying to sound like Oasis

The Real People were Oasis before Oasis knew what Oasis were. They helped them with their first demos as well. Mind you look at The Beatles; they bloody copy everything the Gallaghers do.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Where did you see them(stranglers)? I saw them at Brixton.

Once in Cardiff.

Once at Wembley supporting The Who. Bad fan alert: yes, I should have been at the Goldstone as it was the day we played Arsenal on our Division One debut. Hugh Cornwell only spoke to the crowd twice. One of the things he said was: "If you're a Brighton fan they just lost 4-nil." Twat.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Carter USM @ The Angel Centre, Tonbridge - a complete waste of oxygen.

VAST

Good cd, but obviously a band made up of session guys backing the creator of the album, who probably did the whole thing himself originally. So, they tour, but said frontman is a total spacker headcase, and despite a warming reception from the audience he rounds on them for not clapping and cheering enough!

Well, that really worked - not. He alienated the now-bemused audience, and had the band-members looking awfully embarrassed and nervous about playing behind him. Talk about blowing it!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Once at Wembley supporting The Who. Bad fan alert: yes, I should have been at the Goldstone as it was the day we played Arsenal on our Division One debut. Hugh Cornwell only spoke to the crowd twice. One of the things he said was: "If you're a Brighton fan they just lost 4-nil." Twat.

I was there too ! And I well remember Hugh Cornwell announcing the result.

I saw The Stranglers 21 times altogether, and many of the earlier gigs (up until the Feline album) were brilliant, particularly with Jean-Jacques Burnel prowling the stage and doing karate kicks while playing a slow slung bass guitar - a real sense of menace. However, big outdoor gigs, like Wembley or Reading, did not really suit them.

They did get a bit mellow as the 1980s progressed, though, and their gigs seemed to be going through the motions. I lost interest after the abysmal 'Dreamtime' and '10' albums. So too did Hugh Cornwell, 'cos he quit the band in August 1990.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Stone Roses at Ally Pally terrible, Ian Brown at Brighton Centre worse, I can see a trend here....
Oasis at Brighton were shite as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here