Bands/acts which went downhill after their FIRST album

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Fatboy Slim. Quite horrifically

Better Living Through Chemistry: Astounding
You've Come A Long Way Baby: OK, overly commercial though
Halfway Between The Gutter And The Stars: Crap
Palookaville: Please, remove my ears next time is being played in my presence.

Agree with The Stone Roses, GNR & Travis.

I personally like it, but Portishead's self titled follow up to Dummy has been mentioned as not being on par.

Jul 20, 2003
Lloyd Cole and the Commotions

1st- Brilliant
2nd - Good
3rd - OK

no 4th

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
50 cent

get rich or die tryin' was a great debut album, but the massacre (his 2nd album) was a load of bollocks, not seen his film yet so I don't know what he would be like as an actor

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
john denver

buddy holly

sonny from sonny and cher

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Liz Phair.

The only artist to have shot herself in the foot, stabbed herself in the back and hung herself, simultaneously. From one of the most challenging and different female artists ever, to sub-Avril Lavigne teen pap, in five albums:

Exile In Guyville - Astonishingly good, a classic. Justifiably in Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
Whipsmart - pretty good
Whitchocolatespaceegg - average
Liz Phair - unbelieveably jaw-droppingly shite
Somebody's Miracle - incredibly, even worse

"In recent interviews, Phair has been upfront about her hopes of mainstream chart success, and claims full awareness that 4th album 'Liz Phair' is likely to alienate many of her original fans. What she doesn't seem to realize is that a collection of utterly generic rocked-out pop songs isn't likely to win her many new ones. It's sad that an artist as groundbreaking as Phair would be reduced to cheap publicity stunts and hyper-commercialized teen-pop."

"Now this is a terrible Liz Phair record. Somebody's Miracle is mostly generic pap that any number of next-big-has-beens could have cranked out, a useless piece of plastic poking a pointy heel in the eye of the rotting carcass of the great artist Liz once was."

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
GUNTER said:
Oasis, never bettered first album Definetely Maybe

True, but why do they need to? If I could make a fortune by regurgitating the same songs every couple of years, I would, and I'd say bollocks to anyone who doesn't like it.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
MYOB said:
Fatboy Slim. Quite horrifically

Better Living Through Chemistry: Astounding
Halfway Between The Gutter And The Stars: Crap
Palookaville: Please, remove my ears next time is being played in my presence.

seconded is it OK to add Prodigy, :jester:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
MYOB said:

"Overly commercial" is a phrase used by precious twats who can't bear to see their own secret little band/artist achieve a modicum of success. Generally used to refer to music that more than 2 people might like to listen to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here