Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Balloons (for Villa)

Should NSC buy some balloons for the Villa Park soccerball extravaganza?

• Yes, yes we should

Votes: 232 75.8%
  • No, it's well gay & will show us up as a tinpot lower league outfit going mental on our big day out

Votes: 65 21.2%
  • Buy something else instead (please state)

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fantastic effort, if you don't mind me saying. Especially by those two little Albion fans in the Barton Arms before the game.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
My mate and I took a couple each but we didn't blow them up because they tasted so rank...
It might sound ridiculous but flipping hell, they were so vile we couldn't bear to go through with it.

Queue plenty of gags about putting foul tasting stuff in your mouth...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
8/9000 were handed out, I can assure you of that.

I think the problem might have been that too few people took them. You'd think I was collecting on behalf of the Jehovahs the way some people reacted to being offered balloons.

And those that took them, tended to take quite big handfuls in a "ooooooh, there's something free, let's see how many I can get away with" kind of way. My guess is they got into the ground, blew up 2 or 3 and then didn't do a great deal with the other 50-100 they'd grabbed. I imagine a fair few people have pocketfuls of balloons left over, if they didn't just dump them at some point in the day.

The effect seemed ok, but I agree it wasn't as striking as hoped for, but it certainly wasn't due to the lack of effort. And it certainly wasn't due to lack of balloons handed out.

Again sir, well done.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Thanks for going to all that trouble getteing and dustrubuting the balloons Bozza. Thought it looked great even if it wasn't quite the effect we were all hoping for.

Saw a lot of uninflated balloons discarded on the floor on way into stadium - picked up as many as I could and ended up with a gritty mouth after blowing up a few of them!

Anyway - definitely added to the occasion and looks good on the videos posted here.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Another warning - the white ones look rather like mis-shapen condoms. Enjoy blowing them up!

Jim you handed me some outside the entrance to the north stand yesterday, in my drunken state I think I said hello to you and you looked at me with utter astonishment at how I knew your name :laugh:. In case you were wondering.

I took a big pocketful from the guy with the orange Sainsbury's bag outside the Block T North entrance (sorry didn't ask your name!).

Once inside the ground I personally blew up about 20 and had the blue stained fingers to prove it! Also handed them out to those around us and to the kids in the row in front.

By the time the teams came out the floor in front of me and those I was with was knee deep in balloons ready to be thrown.

Agree they tasted disgusting and very salty (worrying?!), but a couple of swigs from a hip flask and no harm done!

Good effort Bozza and all those who helped.

I think the reason none reached the pitch was the front few rows of NSU were closed off so they all gathered there. Was a continuous row at least 3-5 deep from what I could see.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Took about 30 between us, blew up about 30 between us, had to run to the catering area to buy a drink to wash a way the vile taste, had blue fingers for the rest of the day.

Was a good effort, but agree, didn't have a great effect.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I blew loads up. They did taste horrific.

Who is this?

18559_535466945641_285000728_2181851_791708_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here