Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Balloons (for Villa)

Should NSC buy some balloons for the Villa Park soccerball extravaganza?

• Yes, yes we should

Votes: 232 75.8%
  • No, it's well gay & will show us up as a tinpot lower league outfit going mental on our big day out

Votes: 65 21.2%
  • Buy something else instead (please state)

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Yeah! They should have time to blow up at least a thousand balloons on the way.
:)

Getting them into the ground might be a bit of a problem though :lolol:

Bert365

May 7, 2006
Sorry for repeating a question but I'm on the phone and can't search which is the main Brighton stand cheers

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
"white and blue balooons bouncing round heads"!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Here, rather shaky im afraid but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 23012010018.jpg
    23012010018.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 162

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That doesn't look like many.

Just watched the highlights and didn't see one balloon, or any evidence of popped ones even.

I agree, looks like maybe 2000 actually got blown up, by the time the players came out though there were a lot at peoples feet as well.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What happened to the balloons? Having told my mates that 9000 of the buggers were being handed out I would guess the reality was about a quarter of that sum.

Not whinging as Bozza and others did make the effort to get them around, I blew about 10 up, but where were the rest?:shrug:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Actually, on TGC's video they look MUCH better than it seemed in the North Stand.

Great stuff.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What happened to the balloons? Having told my mates that 9000 of the buggers were being handed out I would guess the reality was about a quarter of that sum.

Not whinging as Bozza and others did make the effort to get them around, I blew about 10 up, but where were the rest?:shrug:

8/9000 were handed out, I can assure you of that.

I think the problem might have been that too few people took them. You'd think I was collecting on behalf of the Jehovahs the way some people reacted to being offered balloons.

And those that took them, tended to take quite big handfuls in a "ooooooh, there's something free, let's see how many I can get away with" kind of way. My guess is they got into the ground, blew up 2 or 3 and then didn't do a great deal with the other 50-100 they'd grabbed. I imagine a fair few people have pocketfuls of balloons left over, if they didn't just dump them at some point in the day.

The effect seemed ok, but I agree it wasn't as striking as hoped for, but it certainly wasn't due to the lack of effort. And it certainly wasn't due to lack of balloons handed out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here