Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bakayoko signs for Millwall

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sorry if it is OLD news...

The revolving door at The Den continues to turn at pace with two more players joining Millwall on Wednesday morning.
Exciting young French prospects Samy-Oyame Mawene and Zoumana Bakayoko have both put pen to paper on two year deals with The Lions and are expected to be in the squad for Saturday's campaign opener at home to Yeovil Town, pending international clearance.
Caen midfielder Mawene, 21, is the younger brother of Preston defender Youl, whilst Bakayoko, 19, is an athletic left-back who was recently released by Paris St Germain. Although he spent a few days with Brighton during their pre-season training camp in Le Havre, the pacey youngster jumped at the opportunity of joining The Lions.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
FFS McGhee, bet he proves to be a very good player in this league now :angry:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is getting ridiculous.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Bit worrying but lets wait and see. Milwall seem to be throwing contracts at people so who knows how much will stick.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't that make 3 ex Albion targets signing for Milwall this close season? Bakayoko, Brighton and one who's name escapes me

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I suspect we wanted to sign him hence McGhee making positive comments in the press about him only for him to be offered a trial at Millwall.

Because McGhee knew he would opt for the Lions he claimed he was not what we were looking for in order to save face.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
I suspect we wanted to sign him hence McGhee making positive comments in the press about him only for him to be offered a trial at Millwall.

Because McGhee knew he would opt for the Lions he claimed he was not what we were looking for in order to save face.

:clap: :lolol:

:rolleyes:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Richie Morris said:

In which case if he has a good season at Millwall McGhee will look like an even bigger twit.

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
It won't matter to McGhhe come the end of the seaosn as he won't be managing us by then.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To me it looks like we had an opportunity to sign him but passed it up.

I predict he will do well at Millwall and the left-back position will continue to be a problem for us for another season. FFS McGhee!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here