Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad fan or Bad Dad or both

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
I remember a mate (not afootball fan) got married FA cup final day, to be honest it spoilt his wedding because we hired a room at the reception hotel and all went off to watch the match. OK it went to replay. Tell this to your step daughter that the day will be spoilt so its better she choose another one they have plenty to choose from.

Noldi

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
You can love another woman but never ever love another football team.

Dump them both I say. Albion is your only true love.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think you're going to have to go.

However, it's important you register your displeasure in an appropriate way.

Therefore, I recommend you change your mobile ringtone to Sussex By The Sea, keep the phone on at maximum volume, and request that friends call or text you with regular updates during the game, preferably while the ceremony is on or the speeches are being made. Hopefully a goal will be scored just as the vicar asks if anyone knows of any just reason why this man and this woman etc etc, and you can leap up and shout "YES! Oh...I mean....er...no....um....Ashley Barnes your reverence...great header...er...sorry about that...".

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wear the stripes to the service and away kit to the reception.

When entering the church and asked if you are "bride" or "groom", come out with a rousing chorus of "on the left side" and "on the right side".
When they are asked about if there are any impediments etc etc, break out into "there's no-one here, there's no-one there" with appropriate hand signals.
During the best mans speech, at the jokes about how and when they met be ready to chant "she shot she scored, he must be Peter Ward".
When they are leaving for the airport for the honeymoon a sad rendition of "Good old Sussex by the Sea".

Not forgetting a rousing chorus of "You Don't Know What You're Doing, You Don't Know What You're Doing!".

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just print this thread and then maybe they might start to understand!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I still say ask them to change the date !....if they have managed to book a saturday at this late stage there must be other dates they can get... a friday even !

I still say ask them to change the date !....if they have managed to book a saturday at this late stage there must be other dates they can get... a friday even !

The lady is not for turning.

i have resigned myself to missing the first game.

The problem is they're pissed off with me for not being ecstatic about the wedding and i'm pissed off about the game.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill

The problem is they're pissed off with me for not being ecstatic about the wedding and i'm pissed off about the game.

4502326752_2c174e1e72_z.jpg

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I had something similar on the play-off final day. I had to be god-father at a christening at 1pm in Wiltshire. I was out of there like a rat-up-a-pipe at 1.30, down the M4 to the edge of Cardiff, tore the suit off, on with the Albion shirt, grabbed the bike out of the back of the car, then straight to the stadium. I made it just as the teams were coming out.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
This is a deliberate ploy to wind you up imo..... or has your step daughter always put a spanner in the works between you and your wife.....:US:

My sincere attitude would be either, change the date or i won't be there.. but i doubt TB and the board will budge on this 1 :D..

I'm sure we would all help you celebrate your family day but taking a drink from you...£10000 left at each bar should suffice... many thanks:banana:

PS enjoy your day because we certainly will. lololol:amex:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I had something similar on the play-off final day. I had to be god-father at a christening at 1pm in Wiltshire. I was out of there like a rat-up-a-pipe at 1.30, down the M4 to the edge of Cardiff, tore the suit off, on with the Albion shirt, grabbed the bike out of the back of the car, then straight to the stadium. I made it just as the teams were coming out.
:bowdown::clap2::clap2::clap2::bowdown:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

In all seriousness, I think they're being very selfish. Yes it's her big day, but it's been announced at very short notice and ours is unlike ANY other ground move. She could move to another day given the short notice. But she's chosen not to and hasn't engaged anyone in planning this date in her closest family by all accounts if you didn't know.

On the flip side, you've waited decades for this, it's a unique story in sporting history and after ALL the almost endless barriers we've hurdled if they don't get the emotional attachment at stake here and understand why you're both happy and sad then they're frankly a bit unreasonable. Don't apologise anymore, because it's entirely understandable in the circumstances.

I've been clear to all my friends and family ever since 6th Aug was announced that I wouldn't be going to anything other than a football match on this day. Moreover, all my elderly relatives have been issued with instructions not to die on or in the week running up to this important fixture. I simply won't tolerate it. And neither should you.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Moreover, all my elderly relatives have been issued with instructions not to die on or in the week running up to this important fixture. I simply won't tolerate it.

Damn! I knew there was something I've forgotten to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here