Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad fan or Bad Dad or both

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
They've been together 12 years and had 3 kids.

Do they actually need to get married at all?

There's no need to buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I genuinely think that you need to take a long hard look at yourself and your marriage.

How can you not have made it very very clear to your wife and stepdaughter that August 6th could not be a date for the wedding. Assuming that you did make it clear that this date was booked then how the he'll did your wife allow her daughter to make this mistake.

In the early days of our marriage the odd missed match for minor events were disasters as I spent a grumpy Saturday trying to find out the score. Just don't do it. Go to the match and then the reception. Any proper wife would understand.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I am as confused as you on this one.

They've been together 12 years and had 3 kids.

TBH, that makes it sound like just another day in their relationship, rather than the joyful start of a new adventure together.

Falmer, on the other hand...

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
You're obviously important in all of this if they didn't have the courtesy to check the date with you! So if you're not important then they won't mind you not being there....

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Im with tedebear on this one, its a liberty to just assume you can make it, as they havent asked you, you have plans.

How difficult is it for them to change it to another date. I assume you have asked this already ? A simple, I am really sorry, you can choose another 51 weekends in the year but I need access to the whole of that weekend (just to cover any other issues like, stag do's etc being arranged).

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Start coughing within the next few weeks and lose a bit of weight and then tell them you have terminal cancer and that they must bring the wedding forward. Once that's out of the way tell them that the hospital made a big mistake and you feel much better and to celebrate you are going to see the Albions first match at the Amex. This way no-ones feelings get hurt.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wear the stripes to the service and away kit to the reception.

When entering the church and asked if you are "bride" or "groom", come out with a rousing chorus of "on the left side" and "on the right side".
When they are asked about if there are any impediments etc etc, break out into "there's no-one here, there's no-one there" with appropriate hand signals.
During the best mans speech, at the jokes about how and when they met be ready to chant "she shot she scored, he must be Peter Ward".
When they are leaving for the airport for the honeymoon a sad rendition of "Good old Sussex by the Sea".

Start coughing within the next few weeks and lose a bit of weight and then tell them you have terminal cancer and that they must bring the wedding forward. Once that's out of the way tell them that the hospital made a big mistake and you feel much better and to celebrate you are going to see the Albions first match at the Amex. This way no-ones feelings get hurt.

Sorry but that is not even in the slightest amusing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can I just ask where the wedding is and what time? Could u show up at the start and then leg it?

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Wear the stripes to the service and away kit to the reception.

When entering the church and asked if you are "bride" or "groom", come out with a rousing chorus of "on the left side" and "on the right side".
When they are asked about if there are any impediments etc etc, break out into "there's no-one here, there's no-one there" with appropriate hand signals.
During the best mans speech, at the jokes about how and when they met be ready to chant "she shot she scored, he must be Peter Ward".
When they are leaving for the airport for the honeymoon a sad rendition of "Good old Sussex by the Sea".
:lol:

Can I just ask where the wedding is and what time? Could u show up at the start and then leg it?

Crawley at 12.30.

I have a plan for a friendly taxi driver to get me there but getting back could be a problem.

If i'm not at the speeches i will be castrated.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Crawley at 12.30.

I have a plan for a friendly taxi driver to get me there but getting back could be a problem.

Well I really think you should be able to go to the ceremony, dash to the match, dash back for the evening reception. You basically will have done your duty by your step daughter. Missing the first AMEx match for the wedding is one thing but for a dull reception. No way.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Crawley at 12.30.

Pick up a flight at LGW (one of those small planes that carry a banner saying congrats from Step dad - nice touch) fly once over the church then straight down to the Amex for 90 mins, then straight back for reception. Not sure where you'll land though for the game?

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
I assume your step-daughter's biological father will give her away,therefore your services will not be required during the boring parts of the wedding.Straight after the game get yourself back for the reception,everyones a winner.Also if you do come to the amex,ask your wife if you can have your balls out of the bedroom draw for the day.

I assume your step-daughter's biological father will give her away,therefore your services will not be required during the boring parts of the wedding.Straight after the game get yourself back for the reception,everyones a winner.Also if you do come to the amex,ask your wife if you can have your balls out of the bedroom draw for the day.

I am assuming this is a veiled attempt at working out who is the boss in my marriage.

I can assure of this, I wear the trousers. My wife however tells me which pair to put on.:D

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
They honestly have no interest in Football at all.

I'm 100% sure the date would not have meant anything to them.

What are the chances of the game being on Sunday?
I'm 100% certain they DID know the importance of this date. They have magical powers.!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Bad (step)daughter or bad wife - or both!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here