Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad fan or Bad Dad or both

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I think i can solve this for you, and do a lot of good for the community as well.

I pay you 4x face value of the tickets. This is split 25% to cover the cost of the tickets, 25% for you to give to REMF, 25% for you to give to the charity of your choice, and 25% for you to buy something to help you apologise to mother and daughter.

This is a good result for me, as my big brother who has been a fan since 1974 is flying in from Las Vegas for the first game and is DESPERATE for a pair of tickets.

Thank you muchly. Assuming the face value of a ticket is £25 then £200 will be on its way to you for those 2 tickets as soon as you can say "Jake Robinson"

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bad fan or Bad Dad or both.

Dear NSC,

On Saturday I was given the news that my Stepdaughter will be getting married on, yes you guessed it, August 6th.

Now I couldn’t really contain my disbelief at this news and came out with these words “are you having a f***ing laugh?”

These words would seem to have caused a fair amount of grief and upset to both Wife and Stepdaughter.

I know I will have to miss the game but does anyone have any advice on how to make both Wife and Daughter happy again?

Can I have your ticket? :)

you do know the game might NOT be on the Sat, don't you ? It could be on the Fri eve or the Sun depending whether TV want to show it, and that will depend on who we are playing.

I am aware of this and have been, at least since Saturday, offering prayers to this effect.

But alas my record with good luck means the game will be on Saturday.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just get yourself to court, everyone know it's illegal to get married during the football season, swift injunction should sort this.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
The more important question is, why have they scheduled the wedding only 3 months in advance? Has she told you that she's preggers yet?

The more important question is, why have they scheduled the wedding only 3 months in advance? Has she told you that she's preggers yet?

I am as confused as you on this one.

They've been together 12 years and had 3 kids.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Sort your priorities out! This is a once in a lifetime occasion, they will clearly have to change the date. End of!! :O

Sort your priorities out! This is a once in a lifetime occasion, they will clearly have to change the date. End of!! :O

There will be no date change i have been informed.

Oh well, apparently The Amex will only last 50 years so i may make the next "First Game" if i live to be 93.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Phone the wedding venue, and tell them that you are the wedding planner for the gypsy wedding on <insert date here>, and that you'd like to make an appointment to reconnoitre the venue.

Venue cancels booking; too late to get another booking (or if it isn't, repeat the above); go to footie! Simples!

D

Deleted User X18H

In all seriousness although this is something so many people have looked forward to for so long to miss for the other option in your duel engagment (no pun intended) is just too important to miss.

You will no doubt see the video of people laughing, cheering and crying. It will be a momentous occasion many people may never speak to you again if you don't go.

It will be a shame for you as everyone else make their way to one of the days of their life, and you have to trudge off somwwhere else , but to you in all reality you ,know in your your heart you are going to the right and proper event.

Tell you stepdaughter you hope the rain holds off and you'll see her at the reception.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
They've been together 12 years, had 3 kids, so have had over 4300 days to get hitched, must have known about 'your' BIG DAY and still happened to choose the 6th August 2011. Believe me, if you miss the game you will have earnt enough brownie points to last you 50 years!

They can marry any day of the week. Who's being selfish?:tantrum:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here