Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back to the Home Office Again.....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm pretty sure it will thanks mate! I don't fancy hiding out in the boot of the race car for ever!! :lol::ohmy:

Oh, so that's what your old man means when he says his big end is knocking :lol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
My sympathies, the future Mrs BHA has been told her Visa application will take 3-12 months to process and in the mean time she cannot visit this country. Makes you wonder why I've bothered to pay tax all these years.

Presumably to pay for public services rather than to give you the right choose who should have British citizenship ???

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
When I got dual nationality the other way round at the age of 6, (my mother is Australian and remains so despite umpteen years of residence in the UK) all was so much simpler.

I had to be taken up to Australia House where I was sat upon the knee of the chap in charge of these things while he told me never to forget that Australia was the best bloody country in the world and how lucky I was to be an Australian (or words to that effect) and then invited me to join him in singing Waltzing Matilda. Clearly I passed this citizenship test because I was then allowed the privilege of sharing an Australian passport.

I do not jest.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Spike Milligan fought for us during the war but never did get a British passport.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
When I got dual nationality the other way round at the age of 6, (my mother is Australian and remains so despite umpteen years of residence in the UK) all was so much simpler.

I had to be taken up to Australia House where I was sat upon the knee of the chap in charge of these things while he told me never to forget that Australia was the best bloody country in the world and how lucky I was to be an Australian (or words to that effect) and then invited me to join him in singing Waltzing Matilda. Clearly I passed this citizenship test because I was then allowed the privilege of sharing an Australian passport.

I do not jest.

I like the New Zeland one - where you have to swear allegiance to the Queen (pretty easy to do when you're english) and hug a tree!!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

I do not jest.

Fantastic! I'm worried they'll make me sing God Save the Queen - heck knows what will happen then if I refuse....???:lol:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Pardon me for throwing in my two-penneth, but surely as you are married to (presumably) a British Citizen then you should be allowed to remain forever, it sounds like a crazy ruling to make you re-apply every two years...another example of the law being an ass.

You don't have to apply every two years. You have to apply for an initial period of two years which proves whether someone intends to live with the same partner permanently (many don't). After two years you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, for which you pay. I cannot understand the big hoo ha about having to pay for such a service, when you would have to do so in almost any country of the world. While someone is living here do they not take advantage of our national health service, etc, and have access to benefits? I think you will find they do.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
While someone is living here do they not take advantage of our national health service, etc, and have access to benefits? I think you will find they do.

No, quite wrong there, I have absolutely no access to public finds - it says so on my passport in bloody great big letters - no benefits whatsoever!!

I pay taxes, I am allowed to use the NHS, but I am not allowed to make any claim on the state. I don't even receive Child tax credit thingies!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Set yourself up as Fatima Lasima bin Tedebear, claim to come from Algeria or Morocco and threaten to blow up the centre of Brighton unless this or that group of oppressed Arabs is freed from the oppression of America and Britain. Then they'll let you stay. If you are a hard working mother, who has put money into the British economy before having a child, they will not want to know. Before afters and MoH jump on me, I am not joining algie and looney's Daily Mail wagon. Believe me, I used to work for this shower, who are happy to let opponents of Robert Mugabe's regime go home to goodness knows what, while allowing terrorists to stay here because their rights might be threatened if they went home.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Tsk tsk.

Did you renew your ST mate?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ken Adam - who later in life went on to design the classic James Bond sets - was the only German national to fly missions for the RAF against the Nazis. FACT.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte

I do not jest.

Err, it wasn't Sir Les Patterson, was it?

Oh, and Tedebear, will you also have to pass the Norman Tebbit marmite test?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Spike Milligan fought for us during the war but never did get a British passport.

He -did- refuse to take the oath of allegiance, though. Luckily for him, it was post 1948 so (legally if not in practice) he had equal rights on his Irish passport.

Err, it wasn't Sir Les Patterson, was it?

Oh, and Tedebear, will you also have to pass the Norman Tebbit marmite test?
The classic Tebbit test (which cricket team do you cheer for?) is the one that Roz has never passed.

Setting aside the fact that NO-ONE CHEERS AT A CRICKET MATCH (which is simply Tebbit failing his own test of understanding English culture), Roz can't bring herself to support England in the Ashes.

She even remembered her entitlement to an Irish passport when the World Cup was on.

But I will now OUT HER.

She currently travels on a UK passport.

Pah!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Pah! I can easily change back to an Aussie passport but it's you wot will be hanging around GRIZZLING when I get stuck in immigration trying to remember the words to God Save the Queen on the way back from a day trip to France.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here