Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back to the Home Office Again.....

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Pah! I can easily change back to an Aussie passport but it's you wot will be hanging around GRIZZLING when I get stuck in immigration trying to remember the words to God Save the Queen on the way back from a day trip to France.

He he he - I can't imagine Lord B. would enjoy that much at all...:lol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
tedebear, you have an Aussie passport and yet you choose to make your life in this overcrowded, grey, rainy shit hole. I can never get my head round Aussies, Kiwis or North Americans who make that choice. Yes you've got your other half, car racing etc., but you'd surely both have a better quality of life in Oz!?!

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Ah, the above post answers the question that I was going to ask - what was your original nationality? Monkey also asks the question that I'm sure most people are wondering - UK over Australia?!! Mind you, they've got some nasty sting-rays over there..... grrrrr.....poor Stevo......

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Honestly can't see the whole arguement that Oz is head, sholders and bollocks over the UK. Both places have great places, both have shitholes. If you've got the money you can live the life anywhere. Merely having more sunshine doesn't make it a better place to live by a long CHALK.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
tedebear, you have an Aussie passport and yet you choose to make your life in this overcrowded, grey, rainy shit hole. I can never get my head round Aussies, Kiwis or North Americans who make that choice. Yes you've got your other half, car racing etc., but you'd surely both have a better quality of life in Oz!?!

Nope - the grass isn't greener out there - its just different grass! Australia has very much the same problems as here...it isn't as idyllic as people think....

Depends on what you enjoy in life as to where you're happy living...

I don't like hot weather, I like rain and cold Christmases
I like old English pubs and villages
I like high streets and traditions
I like living by the sea

So where else am I going to find all that? England isn't a shithole, far from it - people here don't know how lucky they are in some respects - yet loads of British just can't wait to leave... sad really...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Ah, the above post answers the question that I was going to ask - what was your original nationality? Monkey also asks the question that I'm sure most people are wondering - UK over Australia?!! Mind you, they've got some nasty sting-rays over there..... grrrrr.....poor Stevo......

The australian men aren't all they're cracked up to be....corr awwight sheila :rant:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The australian men aren't all they're cracked up to be....corr awwight sheila :rant:

but you can just bring Zef with you, that problem sorted. Making it cold at christmas could be hard, but if you want a high street and traditions you could just live in Ballarat :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
but you can just bring Zef with you, that problem sorted. Making it cold at christmas could be hard, but if you want a high street and traditions you could just live in Ballarat :lolol:

When I win lotto - which I will :lol:, I would like to live 2 or 3 months in Australia and then rest in Shoreham-By-Sea. With an old restored house in Milton (rural NSW) and a fantastic Art Deco house with workshop and old style petrol pumps in Shoreham..... I can but dream!! Both countries are worth living in!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Presumably to pay for public services rather than to give you the right choose who should have British citizenship ???

Actually thanks to the very unprofessional approach I have been advised to get a solicitor involved. The immigration staff in Abu Dhabi are racists and that is a fact.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nope - the grass isn't greener out there - its just different grass! Australia has very much the same problems as here...it isn't as idyllic as people think....

Depends on what you enjoy in life as to where you're happy living...

I don't like hot weather, I like rain and cold Christmases
I like old English pubs and villages
I like high streets and traditions
I like living by the sea

So where else am I going to find all that? England isn't a shithole, far from it - people here don't know how lucky they are in some respects - yet loads of British just can't wait to leave... sad really...

There are loads of Australasians working here because they make a lot more money here than back home so they tell me.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
There are loads of Australasians working here because they make a lot more money here than back home so they tell me.

That used to be true - can't comment now as I'm out of the loop though... Contract rates here were (maybe are?) far far better than Australia, however thats for the qualified accountant/finance person in my experience and usually thats an interoffice transfer from the same company in Oz...not for your backpacking world traveller at all....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here