Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from Elland Road - Player ratings

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Sorry if im being really stupid here, but whats this Istambul stuff about?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

It's OK but just be careful as there has been a lot of bad blood recently on NSC and several posters have looked very silly.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
It's OK but just be careful as there has been a lot of bad blood recently on NSC and several posters have looked very silly.

Ok. I made that remark on the basis of having stood very close to the said poster at an away game before, and observed some of his chants.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I thought the Albion fans today were really good, making lots of noise, although that turned hostile in the second-half with the chants of 'Instanbul, Instanbul, Istanbul', started by NSC's finest, which caused a few responses from Albion & Leeds fans.

bet it was Harty

what :jester:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FDM 5, came 30 years off his line to intercept Beckford for third goal but far too slow, not a lot else to do apart from pick ball out of net in injury time.
Whing 5, only member of defence who didn't get booked. Rampaged a few times down wing but lacked composure for final ball.
Hawkins 4, caught in possession early doors which could have proven more costly, booked for being very slow when trying to stop Beckford.
Elphick, 5, ok in air, looked slow on the floor.
Richards 5, did alright, but little contribution to remember.
Livermore 4, horrible tackle early doors for his yellow card, deservedly taken off by MA at half time.
Thomson 5, tidy, but only plays balls square, no threat or guile.
Savage 6, you can tell he has played at a higher level, but was indirectly responsible for second goal.
Virgo 4/6. What MA is thinking of sticking him on the right wing is beyond me. Looks more at home in centre of defence, still added to our yellow card count though.
Anyansinah 5, not fast as he is supposed to be, first touch could be better.
Murray 6.5 Took the goal very well, ZERO supply to him, and no sign of understanding with Anyansinah

Subs

Thornton 6, he tried, but limited opportunties
Cox 5.5, wanted the ball, but did little once he had it

Crowd: Mixed, first half very vocal, but once Leeds scored twice lost heart. The Istanbul chants took a bad week for a certain element of Albion fans to a new nadir. The support for Ian Hart was however very positive.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ok. I made that remark on the basis of having stood very close to the said poster at an away game before, and observed some of his chants.
Which are considered mild to what we used to sing in the North Stand back in the Goldstone era :D He has picked up quite a repertoire in watching the Albion over the last 12 years. :yahoo:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'd bet it was Withdean Wanderer and co.
I can confirm that Withdean Wan*er was not at Elland Road but want to know why he is not berating the team on a Saturday evening? ???

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
You wanker. WW didn't even go to Elland Road today, and of the people he regularly attends games with I was the ONLY one who did. And I didn't even HEAR any Istanbul chants, let alone partake in or start them. The people who did are scum, but you're not much better:tosser:

Badger in response to this
Is this T shirt offensive? - North Stand Chat

Hahahahaha!!

Absolutely brilliant. I want one!

Not much of a hypocrite then. Wanker.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Sorry, I don't usually completely lose it on NSC, but you're an absolute ****.

Who the f*** are you to tell NSC that I would sing that?
Dick head!
I didn't even go to the game today, I went to Wembley instead! But of the group I usually go with, none of them are retarded enough to sing songs about such a sensitive issue. If I hadn't been at Wembley I'd have been at Elland Road, and I know for a FACT that I wouldn't have sung that, as i'm not that sort of person.

f*** you. :tosser:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You wanker. WW didn't even go to Elland Road today, and of the people he regularly attends games with I was the ONLY one who did. And I didn't even HEAR any Istanbul chants, let alone partake in or start them. The people who did are scum, but you're not much better:tosser:

Yep, good call. I didn't think for one minute it would be one of you lot, as you're generally not the sort of fans who start of the singing.

SeagullPrick :tosser:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Who the f*** are you to be throwing allegations like that around, utter utter clown. Given I go to quite a few games with WW I think you are well out of order to start throwing comments around like that without even knowing these people. Total ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here